Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thinking Of You... Love Dad







This is a special week... For one year ago, my dad went Home.



A lot of roads have been traveled and I can tell you ...



"God is good, God is Great!"



Oh, I miss my dad, dearly... but I would never have learned or seen what I have seen had this road not been traveled. Don't get me wrong. I would have rather learned another way but God being resourceful as He is... uses every opportunity to teach us of His love.


You see... "I was blind and now I see"


Hours before my dad passed away this time last year, in this devotional last year, I woke to a military plane flying over my home. It shook the foundation. Never before nor since have I experienced this sound or sight.

That was until today.


As I was preparing to write this post, my home shook and that all-to-familiar sound brought tears to my eyes. I ran outside to witness this sacred moment.

No one really understanding the significance but that is OK. This can be just between me, dad and God. Well, OK now you guys!!

As I stood in the winter cold, shivering from the gray clouds promising its own tears, I searched the sky but there was not a plane to be found--anywhere! The sound had appeared to be coming from directly over my home. But the sound left as quickly as it came.

I am left with a transcending peace:
Almost as if my dad were saying, "Here I am...thinking of you!"

And a Papa saying... I will never leave you nor forsake you...

Even in the midst of a terrible storm...


17 little hearts from you...:

Technonana said...

Hello Sweet Friend!! God knows when we need to be reminded of His eternal care and provision!!
Love,
Sharon

Donetta said...

There you go Sis, a gift to your heart he has given you to hold on.
Beyond holding on... come home. Rest.

Denise said...

I love you precious one, thinking of you always.

Sharon Bardwell said...

His mysterious ways for sure. How beautiful that our Loving Lord allowed you this precious moment with Him.

Laura said...

Thank you for that wonderful story. I lost both my parents in a matter of 5 weeks of each other. That was almost 6 years ago but there are times when I just want my mom so badly. Your story brings me comfort.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you today, Sweet Connie. God is SO GOOD!

Susanne said...

Sorry. That was ME not "Emilee"...my daughter was logged into her email, and it auto-signed as her. But you know what? That makes THREE generations of comments on this page! ;-)

Julie said...

This is so beautiful friend... to think that Papa wanted you to know that He saw you, right where you were, and met you there... with something that would only speak to your heart. It's beautiful.

It's hard to believe I've known you for a year now.
It has been such a blessing for YOU are a treasure!

Hugs,
Julie

Melli said...

I didn't even have to go read last years post... I remember that sound AND it's significance. How cool! You know... I know you've had a really REALLY rough year this year... but I sure hope you come back to blogging soon. You are SO missed!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you got a special sign! You are a very special person. Thanks so much for all you do for others. I don't know you personally but reading your post over this past year has lead me to believe how precious you are to others. Thanks!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

GREAT!! I am so happy for you that God lets us have some peace!! I imagine that it is so hard for you...It seems like that year has just flown...but I am sure not to you..Take care my friend...God is in control...

Denise said...

Girl, God always shows up just when HE is needed..... and sometimes HE shows up just for us to know..... it is not important if others understand or not.......... HE has come to visit your heart......... I am thankful that HE brought comfort.......

Donetta said...

Hello

Julie said...

You are on my mind today.....

Love ya!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Your experience speaks loudly of the amazing love of God! Thank you for sharing the beauty in mist of your storm.

Hugs,
Tiffany

Sharon Brumfield said...

Oh I do believe that God knows just what our hearts need...and He will move all of heaven and earth to show us His love.

Love ya girl

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I was about to leave your blog when I noticed your page titled "My Dad." I could not resist since I too have quite a precious memory of an amazing dad, one who went home too soon due to Alzheimer's way too early in life. I wrote about him on my blog too and have been meaning to add a special page in his memory as well as information that may help others going through Alzheimer's. I think I'll do that, especially with father's day approaching.

I have to come back and read this with more time, as it is just too special to rush through. Thank you for sharing this my sister. We can rejoice in knowing our dads are healed!!

Blessings!