Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Perfect Landing Part ll





This is a part two of my devotional from: What is Your Flight Plan?






(2 Peter 1:13) “I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body,”


I shared the perfect flight plan with my dad even to the end of his life.



I had been up all night and most of the morning with my dad on his last day of life.
We were all sitting vigil with him. We knew it would not be long before he took his last breath. It was my time to go home and rest.

Let me back up a little here. A few nights before, I had prayed to our Papa, giving Him a very important decision. As with many people in my line of Hospice work, I watch them take their last breath, but I just did not know if I could watch my dad take his last. So as I prayed, I asked God to take over and do whatever He thought best.

Now back to my story. I had been asleep for a few hours when a very loud military plane flew over our home and shook the foundation of our home waking me up. First, we do not have planes fly over our home. And if we do, they never fly this low. Thirdly, I have never felt one shake my home.

The moment I woke up, I knew. This was it, this was my daddy’s home going. I got up and showered. As soon as I was walking out the door, the phone rang and my sister said, “Come quick.”

I knew it had already happened. My poor husband tried to console me but I was not prepared. I will spare you of the ride and emotions that took place. I had just lost my daddy.

Somewhere I remembered along the way my prayer. God had answered me. I could not watch my dad take his last breath. When I arrived to the hospital, I just held my dad. He looked like a little boy sleeping.

The military plane—I am always telling you that I live in the Supernatural, right?!

Well, I truly believe that it was my dad making his last flight over my house telling me good-bye. Actually, I have no doubt. This is the memory I can live with.

My dad made the perfect landing into his Papa’s arms.

And well for us, we will await our flight!


8 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

Connie:
I left you a message on my blog after you left me one regarding your patient's acceptance of the Lord. Thank you so very much for sharing that moment with me. Never does my walk with Christ move me more than when I hear that another "saint" has been added to the kingdom.

Thank you for sharing about your father. These are tender memories...painful and good all wrapped up in a season of grief. For good or for ill, our fathers have played a huge role in how we, as children, view our heavenly Father. Their impact in our lives is profound. My father has modeled kingdom living well. Sounds like your daddy has done the same for you.

May God continue his comfort in your life as you walk through your many remembrances of your Father.

peace for the journey~elaine

TammieFay said...

What precious and tender memories you have to treasure! Thanks so much for sharing!

Have a very happy and blessed Easter, my friend!

Because He lives...
Tammie

Melli said...

Ohhhhh Connie! I dO have planes flying over -- all the time! I live very near Patuxent Naval Air Station and so we have military jets ROCK the house sometimes -- I know exactly what you felt physically! But I can only imagine what you felt emotionally. I got chills when I read your post -- but the good kind. I'm sO glad you have that memory!

Denise said...

I praise God for the precious memories you have of your dad. Thanks for sharing them dear one.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Connie, what an awesome awakening! So thankful for your memories and how your father's life's passion bring so many wonderful God moments!

His Girl said...

this is a precious post and an inspiring read. thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Oh!!!!!!! living in the supernatural is sooooooooooo natural for the child of God..... we pray and believe and ask and when He answers we are amazed...... why are we amazed.... He lives in the supernatural,,,,,,,, we all need to move there......... You touched my heart...... again...

Julie said...

Connie,
This is a precious post. Your heart is beautiful. I love when God gives us tangible things that HE and HE alone knows will speak to us.

He speaks to me through butterflies....He KNOWS they are speak to me in a special way. It is His love talk with me.

What a precious gift that He would allow you to know that your dad was saying His last goodbye.
Your Papa loves you so much.

Love,
Julie