Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Wish




Mother's Day is always full of surprises....since the first mother's day I found out I was pregnant I have been overwhelmed with emotion.

I would be less than honest if I didn't say I selfishly and secretly come to expect my little family at home to stop and worship me...OK.. if I am alone in this belief, maybe I need some serious counseling...but I do feel this way.

The very first year I discovered I was pregnant, my now ex-husband (key word "ex") crushed my world. Mother's Day came and anxiously I awaited my first mother's day gift. Time passed and I thought maybe just a card. But I soon realized there was no card, nothing. I thought here I am carrying his baby and he doesn't appreciate that I am going to be a mom to his baby. I can't begin to tell you the heartache. When I finally got around to asking him why he didn't remember me, he told me that I was not his momma. "But I..." and my lip quivered too much to continue so I never could quite got those words out of my mouth that year.

Years have come and gone. Since then, my children have taken wonderful care of me. Thank God for teachers. They bring home the most beautiful hand made gifts. Gifts that will bring any momma to tears. Little fingers and hands made into animals. I have wonderful colorful vases that are holding flowers from our garden.

As my children have gotten older, their choices are more unique and take us back to a special memory. I always hold onto a special something from that gift. But the best gift is time. Crawling up in bed and holding onto each other is something I will always cherish. The smell of their hair. The love.

Just one more day. God gave me time with my children. A Mother's wish.

Mother's Day Wish 2010

2 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

So precious, glad you enjoyed your day.

Melli said...

I'm with ya on this one! None of mine actually LIVE at home anymore - well, one does... part time! But nothing is better than just time spent with them... that is my favorite! I don't CARE what we do or how we do it - let's just BE together.