Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sibling Rilvary- The Story of an Older Sister



("...pray for one another...") James 5:16

Growing up as the oldest child with only one other sister, we was bound to have the occasional fights and disagreements known as "Sibling rivalry." Even the well known family Leave It To Beaver had their share of the Walley and the Bev fights.

My dad loved to tell the stories on me where he looked in the rear view mirror of his car and saw me with a balled up fist threatening the dear life of my so-called poor innocent baby sister.

Whatever! I'm sure I thought poor baby as I pinched her hard on the leg.

"I'm telling dad on you," she would cry out.

Then the plea bargaining began. Never mind she started the whole thing by drawing an imaginary line on the back seat of the car telling me not to cross it. And somehow the line was always way over on my side. Man could my sister push my buttons. How dare her set boundaries with me.

She just didn't understand the unspoken hierarchy of the oldest child. We are not to be challenged. Period. End of discussion.

Looking back, I guess this was all in preparation for the day we faced true villains and those that were not vested in love for us. At least with my sister, we always made up and I always loved (love)her.

Now let us fast forward a few decades. OK, maybe a few more than a few. The Bully from school keeps popping up year after year. They just have a different name and a different face but they continue to wreck havoc on our life. They smile to your face but the minute you turn away, they work hard to draw the line on the back seat and forget to tell you.

Can I get a hallelujah?

The good news is that we are all brought together for a purpose. We are all one. God made us this way. For His ultimate purpose. We complete each other, corny as it sounds. Where I having missing spots needing love, you fill them. And vice versa. So why not take care of every part of your body?

Instead of yelling, "I'm going to tell Papa."

Yes, it's painful... whoever said sticks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me... was nuts... I'd choose a broken bone over hurtful words any day of the week.. Hurtful words leave scars that never go away. But these words will only define us if we let them.

Remember each one of us is a star in the Heavens. Sometimes we shine with the rest, some times we twinkle alone and sometimes, when we least expect it, we make someone else's dream come true.

We always want to pray for our hurt part (the other person) until we get better or the pain is gone.

And when all else fails.....Smile -- it scares people!!!




3 little hearts from you...:

Technonana said...

I didn't have a sister to "fight" with(4brothers)... but My Little Girls can feel your pain.
They are closer than ever now!!
and yes, sista, those words hurt, and leave unseen scars... that time much time to heal.

Mocha with Linda said...

As the baby sister of 3 siblings who were a lot older, I totally feel for your sister!

Denise said...

Praying for you and your sister.