Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I AM WOMAN



(Proverbs 31:17 " She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.")


I am a woman. You and I as woman face unique obstacles along our journey. Just read Proverbs 31. The first time I read Proverbs 31, I had to breathe, count to ten (or was it 100) then reread it and realize it came from God.

Let's admit, OK, let me admit--- I don't do the whole submission thing very well. In any area of my life. Just ask my husband... No, may not... that would be like opening Pandora's box.

But back to life, it does seem like I involuntarily signed up for the Olympic Hurdles of Daily Living. Interestingly, I detested hurdles in track and field while in school. I made up ever excuse in the world to get out of them. The best one was pure and simple truth, I was a klutz.

The recent hurdle in my life has left me once again standing up after a fall to assess my wounds, wipe away my tears and remind God that I do not like hurdles. Everyone around me keeps on going, knocking me in the shoulder as a reminder to get up and go.

A friend just sent me a beautiful card that I want to share. Interesting it is called, Strong Women.

Strong women are those who know the road ahead will be shrew with obstacles, but they still choose to walk it because it's the right one for them.

Strong women are those who make mistakes, who admit to them , learn from those failures, and then use that knowledge.

Strong women are easily hurt, but they still extend their hearts and hands, knowing the risk and accepting the pain when it comes.

Strong women are sometimes beat down by life, but they stand back up and step forward again.

Strong women are afraid. They face fear and move ahead to the future, as uncertain as it can be.

Strong women are not those who succeed the first time. They're the ones who fail time and time again, but still keep trying until they succeed.

Strong women face the daily trails of life, sometimes with a tear, but always with their heads held high as the new day dawns... Brenda Hager....

And I am proud.. . for I am woman!!!



2 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Very awesome.

Cathy said...

Thanks for that Connie...That's what I work on being everyday. Sometimes it's so hard