Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Learn To Dance To The Sound Of Love



"A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34)


Wow... you want me to love WHO? How about we just talk about that!!! Like surely you understand that there are just some people that have hurt me greatly and that I SHOULD NOT have to love, RIGHT?


Why is it when I ask God these simple little questions, I hear dead silence?? Ummm, where are You God?


OK, so maybe it is easier to love other people more than others... A lot easier...


Have you ever noticed the ones you have the hardest time loving... are the ones living under your skin...the ones that reveal many of the things you dislike about your own self? "Usually we see other people not as they are, but as we are." (Ragamuffin Gospel)


Oh yes, so many times I feel like the Woman at the Well -- a Ragamuffin. I don't measure up to the world's standards as a Christian and yes, I am less than perfect. Oh, what kind of Christian am I in the shadows of the night? Ever feel that way? "If they only knew..."


A friend once said, "A Christian who failed? Tell me it ain't so.... you wait til I tell Moses and Paul on you...." I had to laugh for he was right... we ALL fall short...(Romans 3:23)


It is in my darkest times when I hear "I love you" through someone or something God has put in my path that I experience God in the most intimate way. I hear the notes of my Papa's love songs as He sings to me.


Jesus came to love us all so that we too could love (1Jn 4:8). He loved the vilest ragamuffin like me.


Oh, that I may put on my dancing shoes and learn to dance to the song in my heart with a tender love and teach others the rhythm of our Papa's heart.







9 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

I have really missed your writing, love you sweetie.

Technonana said...

I Dance in the Night with My Jesus!! I can't shout to Him then, cause Papa is sleeping... but we 'cut a rug' as I remember His unfailing LOVE!!

Susan said...

Hey Connie! Great post! Oh yes, those that get under my skin are often the ones with whom I have a great deal in common.

I hear ya about raising boys. My problem now is that his puberty is going to intersect with my menopause...not a good match!

Let's pray for each other.

Susan

Donetta said...

Oh! that is how I just felt to see your note. Joy! how wonderful to know your still out there. I have often thought of you fondly said a little prayer got distracted by life and did not get by to hug you heart as you have done mine today.
Joy and peace over power you.

Unknown said...

Your writing paints beautiful word pictures. I'm glad your back at it.

Julie said...

Man I've missed you!!! I love reading your heart here!
But for the grace of God..... where would we all be?
I love what you've written here.... just love, love, love your vulnerable heart!

Thanks for your visit and your sweet words left at my blog... You always bless me when you stop by!

Tracy said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise! Seeing your comment put a big smile on my face. So great to see your post. Loved it and boy did I identify and agree with what you said. Praise God for the gift of His grace. How I need it on a constant basis!

Love & blessings,
Tracy

Connie said...

Thank you for visitng. You have a real talent for writting words that put pictures in my mind. Come visit again and I'll do the same.
Connie

A Stone Gatherer said...

That verse has been coming up alot lately! Glad to hear from you Connie!