Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Mother's Love



A Mothers Love

(Isaiah 55:8) "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

(Luke 15:20) "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."

“Mom is breathing different.” I looked at her son as he held his mom’s hand. I know this look of a patient, this sound, this call; the call of our Father as we draw closer to Home. I told her son to call his brother and sisters to come now. I tried not to alarm him but he needed to understand the urgency as well. He asked, “Is it time?” And I nodded yes. Tears fell from his eyes.

Her loved ones were there very soon all but one daughter. From what I had heard from the family, there had been “issues” for a long time with this child. As I listened to the children talk around their mom, I said, “If sis can’t make it, let’s put the phone to your mom’s ear and let your sister talk to her.” At this request, the remaining daughter refused to talk to her mom. She said she was on her way.

Immediately, I judged. I thought to myself, “You may not have time and you will have to live with not having this chance to say good-bye.”

My patient soon took her last breath. I wrote down the time of death on the palm of my hand. Her body went into the complete relaxed mode. But her siblings hugged close together and told their mom, “Sis will be here soon.” Slowly their mom started to breathe again. My Social Worker and I stood amazed. Although, I had seen this one other time, I hadn’t seen this often. Again, I was astonished but then the words of our Lord came to me “My ways are not your ways”. I knew she was waiting on her other daughter.

The time that lapsed was 54 minutes from what I thought to be her last breath. Her daughter arrived and her mom then took her final breath here as she inhaled pure celestial air.

I had figured that by all standards, this girl had missed her chance. She had been estranged from the family. But “My ways are not your ways…” I was reminded as this family embraced their sister. I saw pure joy. And this mother’s love was so unconditional that in her dying moments, she held onto something she wanted so badly, to bring her last child in. (Luke 15:20)

This mom had been praying to go back home to her husband and sister for a long time from what the family told me; but postponed it for the love of a child.

That is the same love God has for us…



9 little hearts from you...:

Unknown said...

That is so true, I have seen patients hang on for days until all the family can be there and then is gone in seconds. It is amazing, this "mother's love" but more amazing our heavenly Father's love.

Denise said...

So heart touching, and beautiful.

Julie said...

Dear friends, this brings back fresh memories.... it's just been 10 days.... My brother was in California.
There was no time to get him there. When the hospice nurse saw Daddy, she said she could see him being around 3 weeks or a month longer, but that it could all turn around in 30 minutes. It did. About 5 hours after talking to her, he was breathing in heaven.

I have written about his last hours on my blog....

Sometime I'd like to talk to you about it.

Love you,
Julie

Donetta said...

holy ground...

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a beautiful moment!

Technonana said...

This story is so powerful! How amazing is the Father's Love!!
My oldest brother did not make it home before my mother passed away.
I know that his heart aches because of it, but he was on his way... but Jesus'call was strong and mom just wanted to go home.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am learning that the ways of our God are nothing less than miraculous. There have been so many things that I have taken for granted...times I now know He was trying to get my attention.

How sweet to be able to view these special moments.
Hmmmm, maybe you should write a book....Beside Moments With Jesus.
I'm sure you could come up with a better title....but you get the idea. :)
We need to be reminded how close the other side is.

Laura said...

That is an amazing story! I'm so glad the daughter got there. Sometimes pride can just stand in our way! In the big scheme of things it all seems so trivial.
Thank you for sharing with us. You brightened my day.

Steph Jones said...

Thank yyou for sharing