Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Closing Our Eyes To Him




(Psalm 11:1-7) 1”In the LORD I take refuge…”

Remembering back to when Chyenne and Hogan were toddlers, I hold close to my heart how they would often close their eyes when they did not want me to see them. They thought as long as they could not see me, I must not be able to see them. I recall a particular incident when Chyenne was about three-years-old and had just eaten a handful of jelly beans when she was told not to. Her mouth was crammed full with the drippings of sugary red stuff in the corners of her mouth and both hands held tight her treasures. My dad was in the background giggling; proud of his little mischievous prompting, but that is another story. There Chyenne stood with her eyes closed as she heard the sound of her name in that tone.

I still laugh as I think back.

Then one day, I did not feel the same amusement as I realized I was no different. I was dealing with my own situation as I stood before Papa with my eyes closed. How many times had I “closed my eyes” to God? Hoping He would not see me if I could not see Him.

Through my weaknesses, failed temptations and terrible attempts to control my own life, I became very creative in trying to conceal my flaws. After all, what would the world, or better yet, what would God think?

Like God did not know!

Slowly, after a period of silence, Chyenne opened her eyes. And there I stood. How could I not laugh? I picked her up and loved her with an unconditional love.

The day came for me, too, when I opened my eyes as my Papa embraced me with His unfailing love. (Psalm 36:7)

For He is my refuge…



13 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Amen, beautifully said. I love you.

Denise said...

Oh so true......... We forget that we have an advocate with the Father... Jesus has gone before us and stated our case before the Father..HE is just looking for our smiling face......

Technonana said...

Oh How beyond our finite minds is God's Amazing Grace. The Love that will not let us go!!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Loved this. I relate as a mom and child of God! :) He is my refuge!

Also, wanted to stop by and share that the Lord gave me that Ivy story after I pruned and took pictures of my plant. That day, I thought of one idea and God gave me SO much more. I love it when that happens when I write. He inspires my words. He amazes me.

Donetta said...

Nice to see you back. Great post.
hope your getting lots of time to hug on those babies.

Julie said...

Love you, friend.....

Loved this post....

Hugs,
Julie

TammieFay said...

Hey Connie!

Remember me? It's been a while, I know! Trying to get back in the blogging loop and wanted to come by for a visit. I see you have a new grandbaby....I became a grandmother 6 months ago...so much fun! Come by and see the pics of my little man! Good to see you again!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Heart warming, Connie, per usual. I have often been that little girl, thinking I could hide my heart from the heart of God. I think I might be in that posture right now. Going to fix that tonight.

Thanks for checking in.

peace~elaine

Laura said...

Oh Connie, I so know what you mean. I not only have my grandson but also my 2 year old granddaughter. Yesterday she attempted to bite another child at daycare. When I got home I asked her if she tried to bite someone. Oh my goodness, she started crying big crocodile tears and I felt so bad! I guess her conscience was bothering her because she sure did get upset! I hugged her and told her that she shouldn't do that again.

I love how it doesn't matter what we've done God always forgives us. No Matter What!! How amazing is that?

Melli said...

Tis true! Tis true! And it's a gOOd thing! What scares me though is not the times I close my eyes and try to make him NOT see me - for that at least shows that I have enough remorse for what I'm doing that I wish he wouldn't see it! But how about when I don't close my eyes... and just stomp my foot and say "well, I'm just gonna dO it anyway!"... OY!

Sharon Brumfield said...

What a word!
I love how you tied this in.....I have been there so many times.
Out of sight..out of mind.
And yes, I am so thankful that His love is unconditional...how patient His is.

Congrats on your new grand baby!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

What a great way to explain your point!! I loved it..
sandy

Cheryl said...

I loved it Connie! You are awesome with words. Thanks for a great post. Hope you are having a wonderful day my friend! Love Ya!