Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Hands Of The Omega




In The Hands Of The Omega

(Revelations 1:8) 8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

One of my nurses shared this story the other day so I only hope I can do it justice. She cried as she told me the story. I now know why. This story fills me with hope, compassion and promise.

Her patient told her last week that he was going to die soon, actually he told her which day and he was right. This little man had been sleeping a lot in his last days but on this particular day woke up to share with his family this extraordinary story. One that will give me an incredible burst of faith for years to come not that I needed it. Or as I like to call them "A Holy Spirit jolt"

Anyhoo! The story...

“There are so many hands, I just don’t know which ones to take hold of,” the patient cried. His wife asked him to explain what he was talking about. “Mom and Dad are here holding their hands out for me. And so is my brother.” “I need you all to move away from my bed because you are blocking them from taking me Home. As the family moved away, a bright and shiny light moved into the patient’s direction. He then said, “There is Someone here now named the Omega, He's sitting on my bed. He has come to take me. His hands are reaching for me.”

This patient had not been a Christian very long and did not know the Bible all that well. His wife went and got her Bible and read to him, “I am the Alpha and the Omega…The First and Last...” (Rev 1:8). The patient’s eyes grew wide and he smiled ---before closing them for the last time.

His hand reached out… and he touched the Hand of God…

For the Omega… The First--The Last…had come...

Come, Lord Jesus.



10 little hearts from you...:

Technonana said...

Oh Connie... What a blessing!!!
My grandmother told her children the day she died,"Don't hold on to me."
When we got home after she passed away, my mother said, "mama was telling us to let her go. Let her go into the arms of Jesus."
What a relief for those of us who know this savior personally!!
Love,
Sharon

Denise said...

Praise God for His awesome wonders. I love you my friend.

Julie said...

Connie, after my dad died my mom said, "I just wish I knew what heaven looked like." I told her to ask God and He would show her. She needs some comfort to know what it's like for Daddy.

I'm going to share this post with her.. These so greatly encourage my heart and give me hope....

I needed this today.

Love you, friend,
Julie

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow. That gives me chills.

Unknown said...

That is so awesome, maybe that explains why some people wait to pass until all their earthy family is out of the room. He has to be the only one holding them. So comforting isn't it??

Karin said...

Your beautifully written and poignant stories touch my heart in such a way that many fancy sermons have not. Bless you! The Lord is using your posts to encourage me in my journey!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Melli said...

In your line of work, you do see (and hear) it all, don'tcha? What great affirmation!

Susan said...

Wow....that's amazing!! I love the account and the blessing of it.

Hugs,

Susan

Denise said...

Oh my..... The Omega...... beautiful.......

I post a story about my Mom the other day.... go and read A Quick Glance.. The Father brought revelation to a scripture that I have read all my life....... but HE came and gave it Zoe life......