Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pastor Jesus with Our Sunday Best Shoes



"Honey, wait just a minute while I put on my Sunday best shoes."

Whoever thought this would be her last words that day?



I made rounds at the hospital today on a little lady and her son shared this story with me. I felt so blessed. It's like being let into an intimate part of someone's life. My patients husband Don was a Baptist preacher and every Sunday he liked to get to church early. Well, she didn’t! She was a procrastinator. She unbearably would forget something; like leaving her Bible or just a need to change her shoes. This was her favorite exploit, changing her shoes. And her sweet husband sat patiently(smile) waiting on her (unless you call lying on the horn-patient).



A few weekends ago, my patient in her confusion cried out, “Don, wait just a minute while I get my shoes.” This is the beginning of what we call visions or hallucinations - prior to death. Her son at the time didn’t think much of this. He actually just smiled and thought back to when they were children and the times when she made his daddy wait so many Sunday mornings.



Later that day, they had to take their mom to the hospital because she continued to decline. Only to find out she was dying. Now, time slowly ticks away and they wait and wonder when their dad will come and get their mom.



And a thought comes to mind. “Don, wait a minute while I put on my Sunday best.” She is still dragging her feet; almost as if she’s still procrastinating wouldn’t you say?

And just what if…Don is blowing the horn

The kids can’t help but chuckle… through the tears.

As they know their momma is going to the big church now…with the ultimate Pastor…as she will be changing her membership over to a new membership. Oh yes, as she is greeted her husband, her Jesus and her Abba.



8 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing this. I cried as I read it. It took me back to when my momma was at that stage. She would talk to her momma and sister, who are in heaven. I love you my friend.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Beautiful story! Oh the mystery of death!

Technonana said...

Isn't it amazing how God uses these stories to bless us!!! Yes, she is in BIG church NOW!! But honey she didn't have to change her membership... she has been a member of the family from the moment she put her hand in HIS.
SHE'S HOME!

Melli said...

What a great story! I gotta tell ya though... if He calls, I think I'm runnin' barefoot! Blessings on your patient... I hope she gets home soon!

Diana said...

You get such sweet insights to life and into death. Thank you for always sharing these beautiful stories.

Diana

Julie said...

I love coming here to read what you have written....

You are always missed when you are not here....

I love these stories!

Love & Hugs,
Julie

Denise said...

Can't you just see her hanging back looking for the perfect shoes..... what a beautiful story ...... You are privy to the intimate details of the Father coming for His kids...... You are blessed......

Donetta said...

So priceless.. Speak of these things that you have witnessed in Him.