Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, November 16, 2008

God Tucks His Little Ones Into Bed



"When I think my bed will comfort me" (Job 7:13)



I was lying in bed praying for my family as I do every night. I was thinking about my daughter that is away at school and I couldn’t get her off my mind. I remembered back when she was little and the special moments when I would tuck her into bed.

I tossed and turned for a long time that evening but the Holy Spirit kept tugging at my heart. I finally decided to get out of bed and just call my daughter. It was almost 11:00p.m., but I was sure she would still be awake. Good ol’ college life, this had to be early, right?!

She answered on the first ring, “Are you alright, mom?” She knows that 99% of the time I am long asleep at this point. Yes darling’, I am just fine but I was just thinking about you.

“Uh huh.” Mumbles my daughter.

“I really wanted to tell you how much I love you and I want you to consider this your bedtime tucking in like I used to do when you were a little girl.” And I kind of snickered.

(Silence.) I thought maybe she hung up on me.

“Sweet heart, are you there?” I asked.

“Yes, mom but you will never believe this. I was lying in the bed, praying and wishing you were here to tuck me in the bed like you used to when I was a little girl.

“WOW”, we both said at the same time.(God is so good, ALL THE TIME.)

That night, I tucked in my baby girl as she prayed for her momma via airspace…

God’s Angels heard the call of a tender spirit that has not outgrown the love of her mom.

In the same sense, do we ever outgrow the need for the love of our Heavenly Father?


15 little hearts from you...:

Unknown said...

How touching and that is truly a God thing. I'm so glad you got to tuck your sweet daughter in once more, even from a distance.

Mocha with Linda said...

Awww, that brought tears to my eyes. Sweet reminder for me on nights I get a little weary.

Melli said...

AH! What a God-wink --- for BOTH of you! I LOVE this story!

Denise said...

That is so heart touching my friend, love you.

Julie said...

Beautiful friend, I loved this!!!

Hugs,
Julie

Donetta said...

I love it!
That's good for the heart of this mom with a preteen

Anonymous said...

God is good!! That brought tears to my eyes, how sweet of God to do that:)

Denise said...

He knows no time or space and when HE breaths over us, those praying for us hears HIM inhale!

Don't you just love HIM!

Sharon Brumfield said...

That was so sweet!
Isn't it nice when they just miss us?

Technonana said...

Our Amazing God!! Glad you didn't miss out on the blessing from the leading of the Holy Spirit!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

made me cry!! thanks for sharing..

Tracy said...

I could just cry reading this! So very precious. As a college momma too, I can understand just how badly you miss your girl. What a tender blessing to know she was missing you, too. God is so good to have done this for the two of you. (Heartsmile)

Blessings,
Tracy

Diana said...

is so sweet. It is nice to know that no matter how far away they are a mother's tender touch is just a phone call away.

Love Diana

JUST A MOM said...

SWEET,,, just stopping by thought I would say Have a great holiday season,,, Thanks for sharing such great stories that get my eyes a washing....

A Stone Gatherer said...

Again crying! You bring me to tears alot, but in a good way! What a precious moment!