Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, October 17, 2008

An Angel's Resting Place





(Psalm 131:2) " But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me."



One thing I have learned about babies and children is that when they are dying they are NOT afraid. There is a tremendous assurance of peace in knowing that they will be OK. They trust their Abba totally in that He will be there waiting on he or she. And as they rest in the arms of their mom, dad, grandparents and other loved ones, they just believe!

They believe with a vast child-like faith that our Papa speaks of. The ultimate peace Abba refers to but we only dream of. "...great will be Your children's peace." (Isaiah 54:13)

Last night at the funeral home, I walked in and mom came over and held me with out any words spoken. Only tears. There really wasn't anything to say. This body language, these tears are a universal language in itself. Mom's (Dad's, grandparent's, etc ) know this language. Although, we wish we did not.

As I went to the grandmother, I just looked at her and said, "I just don't know what to say. I can't even imagine your pain. What can I do?"

Tears... again -- were said.

Finally--we talked about the casket. I told her I had never seen one so small and beautiful. It was so pure, so white. Much like an Angel's Resting Place. I then went onto say, Angels don't die. They live forever. Just as Baby N is now doing. "...they can no longer die; for they are like the angels" (Luke 20: 36)

I did tell her that I would not say, "He is no longer suffering or better off... I told her that this whole thing stinks.. and I asked if she had asked why yet? or if she was angry? Then finally somewhere we managed to laugh about some silly off the wall things.

She said she thought she would live to die and one day see her grandson again.

For the time we drudge on until we too find our Angel's Resting Place!


I don't tell you all enough how much I love and appreciate you... I am going to try and catch up on my blog reading and posting... I am sooooo far behind... but thank you for your faithfulness

I love you all dearly




9 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

You my friend, are such a blessing to so many. I love you.

Unknown said...

Your no words or few words or just hugs have comforted so many. You are truly a blessing to these dear ones who have lost someone they love. Babies and children have got to be the hardest to say good bye to. I come from the other end of the spectrum, I often say good bye to the elderly, they have lived long and often fruitful lives but families still mourn in many different ways. Words are not always adaquate but just knowing we care seems to be helpful. For the unbelievers it is always harder, & I often flounder with what to do or say to them. I feel I fail my Heavenly Father in times like that. Your blog is so helpful and insightful thank you for your honest transparency.

Julie said...

Oh sweet friend, This is yet again another beautiful post.

Thank you for your words to comfort me. It's all so surreal... and sudden.

Dad has idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. We don't have the prognosis at this point. They say is esophagus is also swollen which they say might be infection. Regardless he is now on oxygen for the rest of his life, unless Papa decides to heal him.

My dad is a man who doesn't like to appear weak. This is a real challenge for him. He is already saying he doesn't want to take his oxygen to church with him. He doesn't want anyone's pity. This is going to be a humbling experience for him.

I have read up on the disease. I know unless God intervenes, the prognosis is not good. It's He that has numbered my dad's days. I take great comfort in that.

The other thing is that my dad sorta lives as a loner. He's not very interactive with his kids, but we all know he loves us. I am wondering what all this will look like. I do love him, dearly.

I know you understand and THAT brings me great comfort.

Yes, dear friend, I would STILL love to meet at that Cracker Barrel. Do you work every day?

Thanks for your love,
Hugs,
Julie
PS. I am listening to some AWESOME teachings that I KNOW you would love. Is fishparrots your email address? I will send you the link..

Technonana said...

In these times there are no words, tears, hugs and kisses are all there is to say!!! Thank you, Sweet One, for being His arms, His hands, His shoulders!!! We are all so very blessed because of people like you!!!
Love You!!
Sharon

A Stone Gatherer said...

Your ministering heart is such a blessing Connie! May you be lifted up today!

Cheryl said...

I love visiting with you Connie! You have the sweetest heart. You are such a blessing to me girl. God will truly bless you for all of your comforting and encouraging efforts. You are a special person. Thanks for being my friend!

A Friend said...

I've missed you. Looks like you have been a busy ambassador. Love you!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Baby N...gracious...I can only think what that funeral would be like!! My sister in law lost both of her twin girls at the same time I was having our oldest daughter..(been several years). i was in the hospital and could not go to the funerals. Hers came into the world and out quickly..Mine came in at the same time and is 41 today!! Her great faith helped her through that awful time. She was so sweet to me when I brought the baby to see her...how horrible that time was I am sure..

Tea with Tiffany said...

Painful and yet beautiful post. Wordless.