Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, August 3, 2008

21 YEARS AGO TODAY, AUG 4TH

Twenty one years ago today, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and went for a swim, 3/4 of a mile to be exact.

Refreshing.

A soon-to-be new mom. Not knowing what to expect. Never dreaming how my life was about to change. I had three more weeks before my daughter would be born, although I didn't know she was a girl at the time. You know, I wanted to be surprised!!

I finished my swim and went to work. My doctors appointment was at 11:30 a.m. I had been having contractions. As a nurse, I knew that was normal. (whatever--nothing is normal--never ever again)

So when I got to the doctor, and he said, "You are in labor". That was only the beginning of my life changing journey.

OMG..I sat up and thought or maybe I yelled out loud, "What am I suppose to do? "... I guess it was like I thought I had a choice... Remember, I said this was my first rodeo.

I went to the hospital. Hours (literally) later, I held this beautiful little girl. Now she will tell you, that at first sight, I thought she looked like a little squashed frog...sorry baby.. but I loved you anyway.

Now,all that matters is she has grown up to be the most incredible person I have ever known. She now has her own apartment, is doing great in school, and well, I just couldn't be more proud of her.

Chyenne has overcome many challenges in her life.. physical and emotional challenges. She is ,however, much stronger because of them.

A woman of integrity.

Loves God.

Loves her family.

So our little Sunshine, Happy 21st Birthday... and welcome to the world of adulthood.. to being a woman...


she is living up to what she said she would be --as my little sunshine... even as my little 4 year old running around in her skimpies....

To our Sunshine---We love you so much












10 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to your dear daughter. May she be sweetly blessed.

Donetta said...

loving you
I am so glad she was born!

Melli said...

Awwwwwww... what a precious little slide show! She is a beauty!

Julie said...

She's beautiful. My daughter turned 21 this year too.
In fact, I think I had the same high chair that you did.
: )

Loved the slideshow. She's a true beauty, just like her mom.

Thanks for the chat, yesterday.

Hugs,
Julie

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Happy birthday to Cheyenne. My daughter will be 22 soon. Isn't it miraculous how they grow into beautiful young women. I can just feel your pride and love for her. I get it, totally!

Susan said...

Happy happy birthday to your daughter! I am having such a hard time knowing that I have one in his twenties. My DS 3's birthday is tomorrow and mine is Thursday...more August babies.

Hugs,

Susan

Technonana said...

Happy Birthday.. sweet Child... what a beautiful post... and such sweet words from a proud mama!!! She is beautiful!!!
My youngest at 2 would get out of the tub, drop her towel and run through the house yelling 'naked'!!
I hope she doesn't read that.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Happy 21st birthday Cheyenne! Oh they grow up way to fast!!! Enjoy the day and the memories!

Denise said...

Hey Girl! You need to take a trip over to the SEW THE WORD........ You are one of the winners in my pool party give-a-way! YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

She is a beautiful girl....and you are right...there is life in her eyes.
Loved the picture down memory lane with you.