Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Are You A Basket Case?




(Ezra 9:9) -" For we were slaves, but in His unfailing love our God did not abandon us in our slavery..."



"Just remember, Moses was a basket case too." I have read this sign on marquees often. And I think how that depicts my own life. Or as my husband often says, “I resemble that remark!”

After this past year, it is a blueprint of my own life--filled with changing events of everything from changing jobs, losing my dad and now facing the unknown with the possibility of breast cancer, so you might say I am have moments of feeling like I, too, might be a “basket case.”

I think back to poor Moses’ mom and wonder if I could have ever done what she did. Could I have given my child up in the reeds along the bank of the Nile River like Moses’ mother did? I can’t imagine standing on the shore and watching my precious child float amongst the bulrushes, moving with the currents, knowing that I might never see my little one again.


However, the exciting part of this story is that when Moses became a "basket case" and was alone and adrift in the world, God heard his cry. He provided protection for him by sending Pharaoh's daughter to the river bank that day. She found the child in the basket and provided for him. Then she went back to her home in the palace and made plans for Moses to become her child and follow her there. In Moses' case, God sent Pharaoh's daughter to dry the baby's tears and provide protection and love.

So many times our lives seem to be adrift or we are just trying to make it through one more disaster or tragedy. This pretty much resembles the description of a “basket case”, floating amongst the reeds and bulrushes of life, praying and hoping God will hear our cry.

Fortunately, for us, God sent His son, Jesus, to hear our cry and provide protection and His precious love. Jesus died on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice for our sin, making it possible for us to become the children of His Papa.

After the death of Jesus, and the resurrection, He is now home again, preparing a place for us next to His Papa. Waiting for a wonderful family reunion.

Yes, I think we are all “basket cases”…is that not a good thing!!




12 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

Oh I definitely am a basket case!! I was a year ago, But God heard my cries too. Connie he hears yours also, remember don't get ahead of Him. One day at a time, love ya my friend:)

Jenster said...

Well, since you put it that way I'll accept I'm a basket case and proud of it!

And how amazing God is to give us peace and joy when we're faced with the scary and the sad.

Denise said...

Amen, I am a definite basket case my friend. God is holding you tightly in the palm of His hand, I promise He will not let go. I love you.

Susan said...

We are all in His hands and His care.
Susan

Melli said...

Well... yea... I'm a basket case! And YOU... are in my prayers! I really pray you get GOOD news this week!!!

When I'm having a tough week like you are I often sing Matt Redman's You Never Let Go -- it fits sO many circumstances!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Cheryl said...

I have been a basket case also. I love the storey and how you relate it to our lives. Hope you get really good news about your test. Please keep us informed. I will be praying for you my friend! God Bless~

Talk..to..Grams said...

Well, this is just what I needed today!! I am a basket case and was so blue yesterday I didn't even think I could post! That is blue!!


We had to take Nancy to the dentist and it was not good news. He said he could not work on her teeth at the hospital and do work and take out what needs to be done because she might not make it through surgery.
I forget how sick she really is day by day taking care of her and this was a jolt for sure.... I posted all the details on my last post.
I will be praying for you too. Love and Hugs Grams

Mocha with Linda said...

Wondering how you were, and I guess this post says you are doing just fine, "bask-eting" in His care. Still, I know this is a long week for you. Hope to hear some news soon. . . . and I know you do more than anyone!

Hugs and blessings,
Linda

Sharon Brumfield said...

From one basket case to another! :)
I think my basket got hit by a tidal wave--so glad that the winds and the waves still remember His voice. When my little :) basket gets where it is supposed to be He will say---- PEACE BE STILL!
Until then I imagine there will be some fast breathing as my basket zips along the top of the crest!
Love ya girl
Praying for a safe landing. :)

Julie said...

Connie,
When is your test? Have you heard any news?

Please let me know when your test is.

Praying for you,
Julie

KT said...

Connie, I saw your comment on Jenster's Musings and came to check out your web site. I will come back later and read more (I'm driving the preschool carpool this morning and still have to wake up baby so we won't be late....though I have a few minutes now!)

I made Isaiah 40:28-31 my fight song all through my treatment for breast cancer. The verse calmed me when I felt overwhelmed. I guess you could say it helped keep me from becoming a basketcase!

I am praying for you, for good news.
Take care,
Katie

Gretchen said...

I'll be a basket case with you. Connie, I've thought of you so often about your dad, and now the mammogram...You can face this, Chica. You can. Praying.

xxxooogretchen