Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, January 4, 2008

Tea-Time


Psalm 95:7 "Today, if you hear His voice..."




Today, I met a friend.

“Tea?”

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Would you care to join me for some tea?”

(There went my grocery list of to-do’s. Quickly the list began to add up. Surely the world would come to a halt without me--sly little smile. I just don’t have time for this, “Tea-time”. It will make me late getting to my next appointment which will make me late getting home which will make me late for dinner which will make me late for... you get it…)

Do people really do tea anymore? I pondered.

Well, the Rapture did not occur during my fleeting seconds of tug-of-war over the issue of—time, Tea-time! And I did come to a decision to his question.

“Sure, I guess it couldn’t hurt to have a little tea.”

And so it was tea, and just the two of us.

What a beautiful day in those moments common between two spirits. The exuding love shared as we follow the call of the Papa evident as the dance of life began all around us in twirls of magic. Tiny bursts of warmth crackled through our hearts as time no longer mattered. Understanding eternity as something with no boundaries, no limits, and no end. The choirs of our desires sang gloriously without ever moving our lips. Anytime two people take the time to share, I mean really share with another spirit, we will find something beneath all the defenses and all the walls we have built. We will find their beauty.

And the world went on—there was not a backlog of the events of my life that day or any of the days that followed. I became more alive than ever. A new breath of a fresh spirit was present.

And the days became weeks, the weeks became months as we shared over “Tea-time.”

And we shared Jesus.

Knowing for why I came, our days were numbered, they were short. And so our Tea-time together was drawing to an end. He would soon be sharing his Tea-time with Jesus.

And the day came.

I was on my way to my patient’s house to pronounce his death, he lives near an airport. He was also a pilot. I had never seen a plane in all the times I drove to his home during our visits. On this day, a large plane flew very low and dipped his right wing as if saying “Hi, how about Tea-time.”

I will miss you my friend, but I know you wouldn’t come back for "All the tea in Heaven?”… smile… I love you….

Today, I lost a friend.


Living the Supernatural


17 little hearts from you...:

Melli said...

Connie... I WANT some of whatever you're ON - cuz when I have tea with a friend I do not notice the magic twirling or the warmth crackling... I just know I'm having a fun quiet moment with my friend - that maybe tastes good too! Right now I think I'm just missing lunch with friends at all.... or even tea. Or coffee... oh! mine is ready! gotta go... have a great day!

Denise said...

You make my heart soar, thank you my friend. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Connie,

Not much time during December to read any blogs much less comment, but I missed you and had to stop by today!

I love to come here.

If I need encouragement, I find it.
If I need faith, I find it.
If I need a cry, I do it!

Now I have me a hankerin' (that's a good southern word!) for some tea!

Love you, girl!
Dori

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Came by to have tea with you...
and what a delight...
I had a cup at Laced With Grace...
found the teacup filled to overflowing. Now, you must come and have tea with me cause with every word I wrote, I thought of you this morning for your good God is teaching you to number your days. And about the Laced with Grace post---Larry told me don't go to your grave with secrets. I am not anymore. No secrets here. Scary, sometimes not safe. No secrets here. I loved LWG post and this one too---I think when I see a plane's wing deep, I'll think of tea and go find me someone.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I just need to tell you that I think you are a wonderful writer!! Your use of words is so wonderful and i am always sitting here wishing that I could write like that.
I am so sorry for your loss but you know you "stopped" when you should have and took the time to have TEA!! I think that we need to do that. our days are so limited and short. You did the exact right thing. Now your friend is in Heaven!! You will be able to have TEA again someday!! Praise God.
Sandy

Donetta said...

:) Tea...The center of a reason to simply stop and savor the moment.

Denise said...

I love hot tea...... learned to drink it while living in England. Now some 30 years latter.. still enjoy hot tea. Your post was moving as usual and I always want to go back and re-read........ sorry for your loss... I am so glad that there are angels like you doing what you do.......... I am still praying for your Dad...

blessings to you today.....

JUST A MOM said...

You write so beautifuly. Sadly I do love to come and read the things you say. I love when you are able to write a picture and we can all see it. Bless you Connie for your heart.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Talk..to..Grams said...

Connie Dear, Your post is beautiful! You can write so that it goes right to the heart. Very touching... love you,Grams

Sharon Brumfield said...

You are right--there is always time to stop and enjoy.
Putting things off till there is scheduled time usually does not work.

I don't know how your heart takes it.
All I can say is that our Savior must be holding you really close.
You have a tender heart.
Reminds me of someone else's.

I just got a tea/coffee set from a friend--I will think of you when I look at them.
Guess I will have to use them soon.

Nise' said...

Beautiful! You are so right when making that connection all those "I need to dos" are no longer important. Sorry for your loss.

Lazy Daisy said...

Beautifully written and heartfelt. Oh that we would always stop for tea, or a chat, or just some quite reflection with a friend. Those are the moments that are priceless and we never get back. I grieve for your loss and rejoice at his home coming.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! Thank you:)

Baba said...

Hi Connie, I am not much of a tea drinker, but I love to pause in my day and take a deep breathe..thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.
Hugs, baba

Patty said...

I miss talking to you, too! You are always on my mind and I have the guardian angel sitting on top of my computer and every time I look at it I think of you!

Your writing just moves me!! I am a visual person and any time I read your blog or at Laced with Grace I can picture the whole thing!
Love You,
Patty
p.s. I would love it if Dori and you and myself could get together!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

seize the day, indeed.