Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Daily Dose Award


What a special award from my friend Suzanne over at Truly Captivating. I have known Suzanne forever and then not really.

For we are kindred spirits in Christ just as so many of you are. We can go a while and not talk but pick up right where we left off without missing a beat.

Her name, Captivating reminds of the book, Captivating by Stasi Eldredge. If you haven't read it, you should. It is awesome just like you are Suzanne.

This award and it's originator are special. I always love to find out where something comes from and why. What is the heart and soul behind it. So, I am glad that I can give you the information to go back and read. It's not just about who's who but about passing the torch of love.

"So here's to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog".

From Xandra: creator, The Daily Dose Award

This will be hard to do because there are many that touch me in some way. And by not including you, that doesn't mean that you don't touch my life in some way. But here we go....

Denise Shortybears - you are my encourager and my prayer warrior.
Cheryl - you have become a wonderful friend and prayer warrior.
Melli - you keep me laughing til I cry. And we love the Lord together
Linda - Girl, you need to write for stand up comedians... you kill me.
Lynn - your passion for marriages to not just make it but reach new heights, amaze me.
Bev - there is something so tender about our friendship. I just love ya girl
Sharon - always there as an encourager, even when you are struggling through your own struggles. I appreciate you.
Jaye - The world has had it's way with you but you keep coming back up and your heart is one of gold. You love with such tender mercy.
Grams - I want you to be my grandma...You are full of love
Dori - you could be a bestfriend if we lived closer to each other
Patty- I love ya girl, even if you are orange!!
Sandy- You are down to earth, tender hearted. I love to come and read about what is going on in your life.
Donetta - the girl can cook...and pray... and she has great advice...
Denise / Good Samaritan -- big heart, big tears...this is who I want praying for me, of course, you all do which is awesome...
Nise - you are such a sweetheart... I love you to pieces
Deb - i will get on the back of my hubbies harley and we will ride for Jesus together...
Susan - I always learn something from you.. .either about a book or how to find scallops...love it!
Sharon Little Lessons - we started blogging together... so we are like k'garten buddies...

And one blog I read daily without fail because she is such an inspiration but doesn't realize it, is my little princess Ivey. A special girl sent to wonderful parents and brothers to teach us all how to live. Thank you sweet one!

So come on girls, share the love!! (But don't forget to visit Xandra at Heart of Service to sign Mr. Linky!! ;-))

And thank you for being a part of my life...

PS... if you have received this award.. please don't stress over it... I find it an honor to give it to you again...I don't want to dilute the meaning... so don't feel you have to post this again...


17 little hearts from you...:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for including me in it...I look forward to reading your blog. That's sort of what the award was all about to begin with.

I wanted to honor those I already loved, and find brand new friends to know and love.

Xandra

Cheryl said...

I feel honored that you included me! You, my friend, have become very special to me also. Thanks for being my friend. I really love reading your post. You are so good with words. Thanks for all you do for others. Thanks so much for the award!!!

Patty said...

I feel honored you gave me this award. I am surprised anyone would read my random thoughts and I love you too, even though your heart is orange, Gator orange that is. LOL!

You have become so special to me. I am so honored to call you friend!
Love You,
Patty

Susanne said...

I love you, Connie!! ;-)

Denise said...

Thanks dear one, you bless my life daily. I love, and appreciate you very much.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thank you so much for this great award!! Thanks for thinking of me in my little blogsphere!! smile.

Sandy

Unknown said...

Hi Connie,

You are my dear friend and my life would not be the same if you ever stopped writing. You always encourage me through your life. I am humbled to be mentioned along with these other women. I know most of them and they are exactly as you say they are.

God, in His great wisdom and love has gifted your friendship to me. I am eternally thankful. Love you and thank you. Lynn

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have really enjoyed getting to know your heart. I feel like a lot of times you give me a little peek at the other side of heavens gates.
I love where you live in the Spirit.
I encourage you because you encourage me. I am glad I have met you sister.
And it is an honor to receive my first award of the new year from you.
Thank you girl.

Sharon Bardwell said...

Thank you my friend. Ya know that kindergarten reference has a double meaning as we both started life in basically the same neck of the woods...LOL!!!

Thank YOU for your continued support and encouragement.

{{{{HUGS}}}
Sharon

Nise' said...

Thank you so much! I give it right back to you as you are one of my daily "must reads". Many of the wonderful ladies you mentioned touch me as well and some of them are new to me; I look forward to getting to know them better.

Susan said...

Awwww....thanks Connie!! You're such a blessing to me too! I love ya and love that you have included me. I've got to remember to add The Shack to my list!! Thanks for the nudge!

:-) Susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh thank you, Connie! I am honored.

Denise said...

Thank you for including me in your Daily Dose Award. I feel so blessed and humbled to have met each of you ladies...... I have been so lonely since we moved Mom and Dad out here on the property.. I am pretty confined to my house and I am a people person........ the ladies here have opened up my world again and I am sooooooooooo grateful....

hugs.............

Donetta said...

Sweet Connie, I have sought for the words to express how warm my heart was made upon finding your kindness toward me in this. You made my day much brighter and gave me a place of reflection as I consider those who I will pass this onto. I desire to set aside the time to meet those fellows on your list who I have not come to know yet. Many I do know and love and felt touched to be a party to the souls listed. Thinking of you often as I do ...finding it so reflective of your heart to go outside of yourself at this moment in time. Pleased is He with you,for your heart is open and your hands never tight fisted.
Your open handed kindness really blessed all of us.
Be embraced Thank you.

eph2810 said...

I so agree with your list of choices :) - Many are my personal reads and I think you have hit the nail on the head with your descriptions.

Blessings to you and yours...

Melli said...

Awwwwwww! *blush* Aren't you just the sweetest thing!!! I won't stress over the award, as I don't make a policy of "doing" awards -- but now I'm STRESSSSSSED to think I need to post EVERY DAY so you can have your dose! LOL! Just kidding... You certainly ARE one of MY daily doses though too! I do LOVE the way you inspire me! You know... I thank God every day for these blogs and for introducing me to such wonderful Christian women! It STILL amazes me how much a part of my life you've all become! :) Thank you, Dear Connie!!!

Julie said...

Connie, I am new to blogging. Can you tell me what this award is? Do you nominate people? How does it work?

I also noticed the you mentioned the book Captivating. Have you been to a Captivating retreat? I attended one in Feb. 2005. It was the most awesome retreat I have ever attended set in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

I also noticed "The Shack" on your blog. We are in the middle of that book as a family.

I'd love to have you visit my blog.
I am trying to get to know people here. It is jewelzsightings.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Julie