Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, January 14, 2008

Are You A Lighthouse?



Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

I have a passion for lighthouses. There is something very intriguing about them. As a child, growing up around the ocean, I was enamored by the stories of lighthouses and how they helped guide the sailors and their ships through treacherous waters to safety.


I have a very dear friend that has been a lighthouse to me for some years now. And the past several weeks he has been on my heart. I have really felt that I owe him my life has he guided me through treacherous waters in a difficult time in my life. His beaming light shown in my life, giving me a path to follow where I would experience God's grace, love and mercy as never before.


When we are in troubled waters, we can experience peace, strength, and guidance in knowing that our Papa is there, wanting to show us the way. When we see a lighthouse beacon cast its wide circle of light, it can remind us of God's radiant love that surrounds and embraces us. God invites us into the light that leads to everlasting life.


As Christians, we can be a lighthouse to those traveling through troubled waters.


Are you a beacon of light for someone now?


12 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Thanks for the kind words and the information sent... I sat with her today and they decided to keep her another day in the hospital. They are having trouble getting her pain and nausea in control... I want to be a lighthouse for her right now and let her know that she is safe and there need not be any fear.........

thanks again..........

hugsx0x0x0

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

You blow me away Connie!

Denise said...

You are a beautiful bright shining beacon always my dear friend. I love you.

Baba said...

Dear Connie, Thanks for sharing your light with us everyday.If you visit my place , you will see how so many people are caring and sharing an amazing story .. Hugs, Baba

A Stone Gatherer said...

Connie, I just came to your blog for the 1st time and what do I see but Lighthouses, and a post about being a Lighthouse! My whole family loves lighthouses! We don't live by an ocean, but by inland oceans and we love to visit the Lighthouse around them. We attend a church called Lighthouse Community Church, where I am Director of Children's Ministries. I hope and pray that I am being a Lighthouse to my family, those children, their parents and beyond! Thanks for the great post! P.S. You may be interested to know I was mistaken for Sandi Patti at our Christmas Program. Some parents were very excited for a little bit! Too bad I can't sing like her to. I actually blogged about it a few weeks ago! Sorry to go on so!

Donetta said...

Rise and shine :) I keep that above my kitchen sink. It is a choice to have to make every day.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love your comment on my blog, of Jesus riding a Harley how cool!! My dear you are a lighthouse to all of us!! We love ya:)
God Bless.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I love lighthouses. I collected them for years--and every one else collected them for me too.:) Soon I had to say--I don't collect them anymore.
They have a draw for me too. At first I thought it was the solitude it represented. But then I realized it was the life saving potential of them. Did you know that each light house has its own light pattern. That is how sailors knew them apart.
It reminds me of the fact that God made us all different and we each have our own individual light.And if we allow sin to cloud the lens--how sad for the lost around us!
Trying to stay out of the way so that the Holy Spirit can keep the light shinning. :)

Talk..to..Grams said...

Wonderful post! Isn't there is a song Jesus is the Lighthouse! I haven't heard it for a long time. But I love it! Love, Grams

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh dear... I don't know HOW I could be just now... but I PRAY! I DO pray!

*wanders out humming*
This little light of mi-i-ine
I'm gonna let it shine!

Denise said...

I am going to put my light on top of the house..... and not under a bushel...........

humming........ this little light of mine, I gonna let it shine,, this little light of mine,,, I gonna let it shine , this little light of mine, I gonna let it shine let shine let it shine let it shine......

my friend went home today.. I will start sitting with her everyday starting tomorrow...... I am going into this with eyes wide open and I know I will see God ...

Bernadine said...

I love the header on your blog and I love lighthouses also. I've never actually been in one but love reading stories about them. I always see them as the ultimate symbol of hope.
Thanks for sharing