Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Sands Of Life





Psalm 139:17-18How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.


How do you kiss the wind?

Or

Embrace the warmth of the Sun?


And what is it like to hold onto someone you love as their life passes by like the sand sifting through the fingers of a small child lost in play for hours at the beach.

Even if we tried to hold onto each grain of sand, some bits would slip through our fingers. We may hold on tightly vowing to never let go but eventually the winds, the water and our toil cause us to drop each granule of sand we believed to have held tightly in our grasp. And the specks of life, the ones we so dearly love, fall back into the hands of the One who owned them all along.

I am trying to grab the wind and hold on tightly to the force of nature given to me by my Abba. But I know the days are short for my Papa is calling one of His children home soon. My precious daddy is going to be going home and each moment I have I want to hold tightly onto the last grains of sand representing his life; this will always remain precious to me.

But I know that eventually the last piece of sand will fall from my hands and Our Papa will call. And my Papa will brush the sand off my hands and pick me up and hold me like a child not ready to leave their place on the beach, their place of comfort.


And in my sadness, I will just rest in the arms of my Papa….

To my sweet daddy….I love you

To my sweet Papa, I love you



Happy Birthday Jesus,




9 little hearts from you...:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Words-they seem so pitiful at the moment.
If there was some way to sit here with you.
A way to let you know that at the strangest moments your name comes to mind and I pray for your sweet heart.
Sitting, waiting--hoping the power of prayer is being felt by you.
((love))

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Oh this makes my heart ache for you, Connie!! i too have to face that one day and I cannot imagine what it is like for you. I will pray for you to have strength. Sandy

JUST A MOM said...

OH Connie I hold you close to my heart and your in my thoughts to the Lord. Bless you and keep you close.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Connie. I know that you are hurting. The words you have written are so true. Hang in there my friend. God will comfort you. Praying for you!

Denise said...

I wish I could be there with you my dear friend, sending you love, prayers, and hugs.

Denise said...

It is with such sadness that you must watch life coming to an end of someone so precious... I cannot even know how you feel.... All I can say is that there is coming such a day of reunion.... I have lost a grandmother that was as close to me as a mother... She moved into my future the day she died..... I miss her so.. but in my grief I know that she awaits a hug........ and hug her I will...

you are in my prayers this day... please know that I do care...

Donetta said...

Connie, Be embraced with this... That they who go one before us stand beside the right hand of Abba praying for us continually both day and night. Just a realm away. With Him.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks for stopping by on this Tuesday!! No you do not need any thing sad right now. It is a great movie though when someday you feel up to it. I hope all is going well with you and your family. Sandy

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

How's your Papa?
Are you having blog problems?
I finally got my text up with my holiday tour post. Had to change every font and every size of every word---whew! Came by to see your decorations---take your time Connie and do what God tells you to do in your heart...you'll hear His Voice saying this is the way Connie, walk in it. And you will!