Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Walking Him Home


Then He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace." (Luke 8:48)


The phone rang early in the morning the other day and on the other end was a desperate cry, “Will you come and check our daddy?” I had been working closely with this family. They were a very private family and did not allow too many people into their home. So instead of calling the on call nurse I said, “Sure, I will be right there.”

As always, I started praying on my way to their home for the family and the patient. I prayed for God’s strength in what we were about to face as only God knew.


When I arrived, my patient was struggling with each breath he took. I checked his vital signs. I could not find a pulse or a blood pressure but he was still alive. So I told the youngest daughter what was going on and asked her if she had told her daddy it was ok to “go Home – to Heaven?” She said she had. So I asked her if her older sister who was currently resting had given her dad permission to go. The youngest daughter said, “No, she hasn’t” and gave a look as if she might not be able to.


I walked into the room where the oldest daughter was napping and sat down next to her waking her up. I told her what was going on with her dad and that what I was about to ask her would be one of the hardest things she would ever have to do. I told her that her dad was hanging on for her and he needed her permission “to go.”


Through the tears of compassionate love and understanding, she finally agreed to tell him he could go. I told her that I would be there with her and her sister but that God would be her strength.


She started out slow at first as her voice was very shaky. But soon she had such confidence as evident that God stood by their side for the words flowed from their mouths, “Dad, its ok for you to go where you can breathe again, go to the Light as we will be ok. They have beautiful grass that you can cut once again, go dad and cut the grass. We will be o.k. We will see you again. We love you.”


And as these words were said, their daddy slowly and peacefully took his last breaths. He quit struggling with his breathing. The transition into eternity was one of incredible peace. They held their daddy’s hand and talked to him. He gently walked into the gates of Heaven.


I said to his daughters, “You have just walked your daddy into the arms of Jesus.”


They turned to me and said, “We did, didn’t we?”


They wanted their daddy healed…….


He is now completely and totally healed…



Living the Supernatural,

13 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing to so many.

Sharon Bardwell said...

(~)
*
*
*
Those are the tears falling from my eyes as I read this .. and as you know, I don't cry easily.

When the day comes, hopefully years from now, when I have to face this in my family, will you be there ;-)

Cheryl said...

Tears are rolling as I read your story. I wish someone like you could have helped me when my dad was sick. You are really a blessing to others! Thanks for all that you do. God Bless!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

This made me cry but what a happy cry it is!! knowing that someday we will all be in this situation!! You are indeed a great blessing, Connie...

Sandy

Denise said...

Thanks for always touching my heart, I love you.

Sharon Brumfield said...

We will be getting close to this time with Paw Paw soon-- so this touches my heart in a special way.

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh Connie, this is beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it.

Hugs,
Sue
Matt 2:10
10 When they saw the star, they were filled with joy!
NLT

Baba said...

Hi Connie, I can see why God chose you to be his helper with bringing his children home to him..You are awesome!!! Hugs, baba

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

You have a calling from your awesome God. What a gift to this family and the others you are with day in and day out. For you so bring our glorious God to them. Ooohhh!

Mary said...

Thank you for helping this family to walk their father through Heaven's gate. You are a real blessing to them.

Anonymous said...

you are an awesome writer. yes i have tears also.God Bless You.

Gretchen said...

I love this, Connie. Thank you so much for sharing. What a blessing it is for you to be exactly where God wants you to be, doing the work He has for you, and knowing it to be true. Wow.

xxxooogretchen

Patty said...

This broke my heart but was also the sweetest thing. What a ministry you have. I would want someone as dear as you are to be with me when I am faced with this in our family. May God continue to give strength to this family and comfort.
Love,
Patty