Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST


Tonight, instead of preparing for Thanksgiving dinner, a dear friend of mine will be preparing for her daughter's funeral.


Years ago, she lost her husband. I have stood by her side and wondered if she would ever recover from his death. Each holiday was a challenge. I would listen to her share their life together and hear the sadness in her voice.


Today, she went home from work to find her daughter dead with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The worst case scenario for any mother. A nightmare. I will never forget her words and her tears tonight. "Make me sleep for ever, make this go away."



Please help me pray for her (Jean) and her oldest daughter Miranda. For that really is all we can do.


I have no words for this tragedy.


I do not understand.


I do question God, "Why?"


But it does not change my love for Him.


18 little hearts from you...:

Baba said...

Hi Connie, What a sad , sad day for your friend...Her life will never be the same again..I can't think of any words to say to her, only Hugs.....
I am so sorry she has to face this , only God and time can help...My blessings to her and family. Baba

Sharon Brumfield said...

This so hurts my heart.
How I wish I could hold her pain for just awhile to give her heart some relief. Love on her.
I will pray for her.

Cheryl said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It is so hard to find words to say in this situation. I will be praying for her and you. God Bless!

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am so sorry, I don't know what to say... I wiil pray for her... and you to have the right words or maybe words are not necessary maybe like Sharon said Love on her... Grams

Anonymous said...

Your friend and family our in our prayer. We experienced this in our family and I only know your friend's pain is so deep. Many hugs and thoughts of support for her.

Donetta said...

Standing with you !
There is a battle and we know who wins. We have another casualty in the wounded prisoner listees. Standing.
It is a very real battle. God does not step on free choice but mercy is there. I have lost many I know...
Ten thousand will fall at your side..Ps 91 read it!
Be embraced.
I am grieved.

Melli said...

Ohhhhhhhh my gosh. Email coming your way!

Melli said...

Oh no... I don't have your email... shoot. Well... know that I am on this!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

sent shivers through me for this precious lady who was trying to be an overcomer without a husband...but to walk in on your daughter and find her like that...there is no way to get over it...only a way to a good sovereign God...i felt so hopeless last year, didn't know if my body would make it through such a severe depression, so severe...i only made it through touching the hem of His Garment..sounds so mystical...all we can do is cry for mercy...I read this morning Psalm 84:12 --- blessed is the man who trusts and the word "trust" there means lays face down. I am praying for you Connie for God's words in you Deut 18:18 to your precious friend. If I faced a tragedy, I would want someone just like you to be there. You will be all there for her and the God in you will show up for Jean---let her borrow your faith for a little while...God is there for Jean! Praying she will find Him through your words, your touch, your heart...I love you...Bev
Came to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving but so disturbed by this woman's story...will pray for her!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

That is just awful!! You have to wonder just why all of this has happened to this lady!! i hope that she is a Christian!! I know that sometimes suicide seems to be the only way out for some people, but i think they are not thinking of others at that time but only themselves..too bad. Sandy

Sharon Bardwell said...

Connie, We experienced this about a year ago when dear hubby's cousin's son took his own life. There are no words to say. My prayers are with you and you friend and her family. Hug Jean for me, ok? I know she doesn't know me but hug her anyway :-)

Donetta said...

Sweet heart, how are you doing tonight. I would love to email you.
I need to tell you something about that night. djonas at cox dot netjust to stop the spammers.
~donetta Be embraced!

Denise said...

I am so sad for dear Jean, bless her. I am hugging her in my heart, and lifting her up in my prayers.

Denise said...

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7.

This is my prayer for her today... Outside of the grace of God we cannot find help for this kind of pain...

Susan said...

I'm just now getting over here...but will add this situation to my prayer list.

Hugs,

Susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is devastating to read. I'll be praying for Jean. Thank goodness she has you to come alongside her in her grief.

Patty said...

I just read this and I am so sad beyond words for this sweet woman. I can't even imagine what she is going through but I will pray for her.

Love,
Patty

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Connie- I just stopped by today. I am so sad for her. I will pray for healing as she walks with God in this valley.