Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Tag, I'm IT

Seven RaNdOm ThInGs about Me! What is a Meme---what does it stand for? Me?

For I have been tagged by my friend Bev Brandon over at Keep on Believing...



Let me see if I can come up with seven things... and then you better run cuz I'm comin after "yous guys"



#1 - I DO NOT DO Lima beans... ever... never... so how do I handle this situation without being rude as they are served on my plate... well, I started this as a child out of need otherwise I spent many hours at the table (you know the starving kids in China or you'll eat this for breakfast thing)...

of course now as an adult--I live with that warped image, so out of politeness I have a napkin in my lap, so I drop those little boogers smoothly in there, sliddddddde the napkin in my pants, escape excuse yourself from my gathering and run walk to the bathroom, there I commence flushing the nasty wonderfully prepared beans down the commode.



#2 I sleep with a fan on full blast 365 days a year... if it is zero degrees and snowing.. my fan is going... if the power goes out, I am wide awake... no fan... sad face...my husband said he will bury me with it.. along with my cat... I told him I hope it's not hot where I am going.. big smile...



#3 This is such a dying art but when I was 7 some guy came door to door. I still remember this... and sold... yes sold... music lessons.... my sister took up guitar lessons.. and I well, I took up the accordion.. I still have it and still occasionally play it.. it's beautiful.. it's a red pearl... let me see if I can download a picture... I took 10 years of lessons...mostly polka and gospel.





#4 the most embarrassing moment was when I was running late for our Easter musical some years ago, I was a towns person... and as I was running in, I heard this hysterical laughter behind me... yes my good friends... and they were pointing at me.. running towards me... they were holding women's underwear. I thought.... that looks like mine... well guess what.. IT WAS...apparently I had just grabbed my pants out of the dryer and my underwear which was clean (thank you Lord) was stuck inside the leg until I walked inside the church in which they decide to let go... the girls behind me saw what was happening and ran over to pick them up....but they could not contain their laughter...



well, it could have been worse.. it could have been a group of men!!!



#5 My husband and I are true blonde's... we have three children... one has black hair... one has dark brown and the youngest has red hair... now go figure...



#6 On my son's first day at preschool we thought he would be expelled. He asked the teacher if it was lunch time and she said yes. So he asked her if she was drinking beer with her lunch. She told him no. Without missing a beat, he said, "Oh, you must be having scotch." His teacher couldn't wait to find us that day. Dear Lord what are we teaching him at home.

That is ok, years before when I picked up my daughter at the very same school with the very same teachers, one of the little boys in her class kissed my daughter with everyone standing there and I about died.

Sooooo you are wondering now,,, what kind of parent I must be?? Be afraid,,, be very afraid... smile...



#7 My pet peeves are:

I hate anything on the dashboard of my vehicle... now that doesn't mean the rest of my jeep isn't a mess....LOL...
I don't like rude people.
I don't like it when people won't put up their grocery cart.
I don't like it when people block lanes and not let others out on side roads,,, urrrrrr that hurts.... I don't like gossip... if only we spent that energy helping....
I don't like dishonesty

I love it when we find the good in a hurting world...

now Run cuz here I come and I tag....

Cheryl

Grams

Flip Flop Floozie

Denise

Susan

Donetta


and any of my wonderful friends that want to hang out and do this.. I love getting to know you all... thank you for playing.... let me know if you play along...
I talk about you guys like you are family... and my hubby is finally getting the hang of it!!!



Live with me in the Supernatural,

9 little hearts from you...:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

We have several things in common. I too played the accordion and took lessons for about 8years. My accordion was pearl red too. I gave it to a missionary years ago. I hope it got used the way I wanted it too. I also hate it when people do not take their grocery carts back. I am always taking one in when I go into the store WHETHER I need it or not!! Crazy people!! I will do this not now but i will get it done..Sandy

Cheryl said...

Oh girl!! Thanks so much for tagging me. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I have lost my dad and I know how hard it is to see them sick. I hope and pray for the best for you and him. I'm glad that you had your daughter with you. Our girls are so very special. I hope you have a wonderful evening and God Bless!!!

Baba said...

Hi Connie, I am like you when it comes to fans.I have to feel the breeze blowing from a fan.When I worked the night shift, a fan helped to block out day time noises.Playing a accordion would be hard to do..I like to hear them played..
Thanks for your visit today and have a blessed Sunday. Baba

Talk..to..Grams said...

Four of my five kids have a fan on them when they sleep year round!!
I do, in the spring, summer, and fall and then I think it is to cold and the first few nights it is TOO quiet!!
This was fun learning more about you!!
I did a random 8 things about me, meme this week but I will wait a little while and do another one! Every one seemed to enjoy it!!
love and hugs, Grams

Denise said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! I had an accordion for years. It was a gift when I was 12 and I had it till I was well into my 20's... I used to play it in the school 4H club... They had play where all the kids from different schools got together and had talent shows.. I played my squeeze box... hahahah I loved to play Amazing Grace.... I had forgot all about that...... Thanks for the memories...

I love reading about you... it is always fun to read the list that people make...

Denise said...

Such a wonderful comment on my blog this morning... Thanks.. I am so much better the past 10 years but sometimes I reach out to those that do not wish for me to do so... I always get slapped... Maybe I will learn...

Denise said...

Thanks for tagging me, will be posting it this morning. I love learning new things about you, love you bunches.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Phew...my name was not on that list!
I have just caught up on my tags and this week is going to be a bully.
I don't like things on my dash either--but I will not speak for the floor.
We do the same thing with the fan.Even if the heater is on--I want it cool where I sleep.
Thanks for sharing.

Aunt Angie said...

OOOO Connie...you forgot a big one---for me one of my bigges is "A toilet that won't flush!"

Thanks for commenting on my chair. I would love to read yours! Send me the link :)
The idea hit me when I sat down "in the chair" last night...and leaned back on a couple of pieces of laundry that I had "laid over it"...hmmmm. I didn't have a good picture of it but will take one later. It is so neat how sometimes something so odd comes to my brain in the form of a message to ME!
You bless me!