Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Don't Tell Me "No"




(Luke 18:27) Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."


When I was young, I remember my mom saying, “Don’t tell me “No.” Yes, you did mom. But let me just say the tradition has lived on. I have become my mom in some aspects. I do not like to be told “No.”

When I was two years-old, my dad told me “No”. He said that I went on to shaking my head side to side as I dramatically tried to make my point as well as yelling “No” incessantly.

I remember being somewhat of an underachiever when I was young. The words, “She will not amount to much” still sting my soul. The scars are deep. But in a way they keep me marching forward. I do not like to be told “No.” Maybe that is why I am never satisfied with my current status, I must achieve more. But when is enough enough? “For my burden is light...” (Matthew 11:30) My Papa whispers to me.
And the rest is history.

My college Professor stood before me looking over my paper with me, “I’m sorry but you just don’t have what it takes. You cannot write. Maybe you should consider leaving school and doing something else.” And tears flowed from my eyes. And the echoes of my past, “She won’t amount to much” came flooding from my soul. Stop here, the road is a Dead-end. There was a blaze that flickered as he told me “No.” And the rest is history.

My husband once told me “No” as he was not worth my time. He should have listened to my dad when my dad said to my now beloved, “Just don’t tell her “No.” And the rest is history.

The other day someone said to me, “But there is NO God.”

Did you just say “No”?

And ...the... rest... is... history.



Let the breath of God lead your path…


Live with me in the Supernatural,

13 little hearts from you...:

Donetta said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ES YES YES YES YES YES YES..........:)
I said yes to being tagged, Yes you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Yes you are an amazing woman. Yes God is pursuing your heart!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Truth has so settled in your beautiful heart that you hear the Voice of the One who matters. Could hardly believe that prof missed your writing abilities. How have you found a Voice so stable so strong from the voices you heard. You hear Him! Yes, you do.

Denise said...

You are awesome beyond measure my precious friend, I love you.

As We Sail... said...

That Prof. should see you now! Good reading.

Aunt Angie said...

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. I Corinthians 15:58
Connie...you are SO precious to me and so many! YOUR ability astounds me. ALWAYS the Lord provides a message clearly to my heart through your anointed words! (UNDER LINE ANOINTED!)
The enemy has tried that stuff on me....but in different ways...always to bring discouragement and despondency to my heart....but today...after reading words of wisdom and encouragement...the enemy is defeated! This is an area of my life I have to continually pray over, but God is my strength! And He is YOUR strength and strong tower! His mercies are renewed every morning! He delights in us...we follow hard after Him!
I love and appreciate your willingness to listen to His voice and write what He says...it is always for someone....most of the time me!
Be blessed dear Connie!

Cheryl said...

Oh Connie, I think you are such a wonderful writer. That professor knows nothing! But God did have a plan for you girlfriend! Look what all you have done for others! There are not many like you out there to love and comfort others in pain. God is using your writing abilities here (and I love reading it) but He is also using you for His purposes. You are right where you need to be my friend. Thanks for doing what God wants for you.

Susan said...

Awwww...connie...that's beautiful! You know that the messages we carry with us from our childhood are so powerful in our adult lives. I had a professor tell me I'd never be able to teach...she was SO wrong! But I confess that I believed it for a while.

We must go against the "No's" sometimes musn't we? Especially when it's in relation to the existence of our God.

Hugs,

Susan

His Girl said...

Just stumbled upon your blog today. This was a wonderful reminder that we SO need to watch the words we say to children... we're bound to be part of their testimony one way or another. I'd rather be remembered as someone who said inspiring words to children then as an obstacle they had to overcome.
This was a beautiful post. Thank you for writing it!

Anonymous said...

So touching. His Voice speaks loudly within you and he has given you the gift to share!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

English profs don't know squat. OK, they know squat, but it's all relative, isn't it? You are an awesome writer, but more importantly, an awesome representation of our Lord's compassion for the weak.

JUST A MOM said...

oh man this is so me I may not be so bold as you are but bold is such a great thing to be.... Thank you.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well i can understand that!! Who really likes to be told NO!! I am sure as a small child that was not one of my favorite words either but when someone says there is NO GOD I am just shocked!! How can they say that? I know they just do not believe but it blows me away!! All they have to do is to look around!! Happy Thanksgiving to you Connie.
Sandy

Melli said...

Connie? What happens when God tells you No?