Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, November 16, 2007

The Healer


(1 Corinthians 12:28) "....also those having the gift of healing..."


As I finished up admitting our new patient this week, his last question to me was, "Will I be healed from this pain and my disease?"

So I asked him, "What Sir, is your definition of healing?"

And he looked at me and then with a big smile he said, "oh I know, I know, my healing may come in the hands of the Lord."

No more pain, no more tears....

But until then, whatever the Lord chooses, we all have a gift of healing.... comforting words... a comforting touch...or just sitting with someone to listen...


Live with me in the Supernatural,

11 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Thanks for being the precious blessing that you are, I love you.

Susan said...

Beautiful, Connie, just beautiful.

Hugs,

Susan

Bernadine said...

I wish there were more nurses like you around when my precious mommy was in the hospital.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You handled that very well!! Bless his heart!! I can only think what someone is thinking when they are admitted to Hospice!! It is like going to your LAST place before Heaven. What a blessing you must be..Sandy

Talk..to..Grams said...

You are a Blessing!! God has given you a precious ministry. Love you, Grams

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I though you might like reading mine, it focuses mainly on religion (namely christianity). Anywho, please check it out and feel free to comment.

- Ryan Green
http://crazychristianblog.blogspot.com/

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

TAG - you're it...i tagged you on my blog. We want you to tell 7 random things about your life cause we want to know you better. 7 lines or longer, if you choose.

Precious Posts!!! Bev

Cheryl said...

We need more nurses like you!! Thanks for all that you do for others. God Bless You! always.

Connie Barris said...

Ryan,,,

for your sake,,, I hope you are right...

but I have the utmost faith you are wrong...

for sure... we will find out soon

bless you

Sharon Brumfield said...

Healing really does come in all shapes and sizes.

Anonymous said...

This fit our lives today so well. I posted some about it, but what made our dr visit was the words of comfort, the friendly reassuring smiles and the comfort of them being there sharing with us.