Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, November 5, 2007

A Holy Kiss




“Greet one another with a holy kiss” (Romans 16:16)



When I arrived, I sat on his bed and held his hand. His eyes were distant. As I called his name, he slowly looked my way. There it was that sweet precious smile I had come to love over these past months.

“Hi my love,” I said. In a frail voice, my patient said, ‘Hi darling” back to me.

This past week had been a tough week for my patient. He was declining quickly. I had told his son to call the family home, it would not be long now. Their daddy would be soon joining their momma and little brother in Heaven.

As I dropped my hand from his, he knew and I knew the sacredness of that moment. It was as if the pedals of his flower were dropping one by one or as the sand of an hourglass ticking the time away. Only now tomorrow had become today. His time had come and we both knew it.

For in this hope born out of suffering we could ask Father Time to wait, wait another day or to wait for our Savior but just days before he had whispered to me, “I’m so tired and I’m ready to go home.” So why ask for something that bares the self-affliction of agony for a few more days at the expense of his soul. He thought better over the days. And he let go.

So as I was about to leave, I knew this time was different, I knew this was going to be my last visit with him here on earth. I kissed him and said, “I will see you again and I love you.” And he turned to look at me with his fragile eyes and said, “Yes, we will” and smiled.

Holding. Waiting. Knowing. Watching for our Savior. Something we all do, is it not? And so did my little man in his last hours. He was at such peace.

What an incredible gift our Savior gives us.

A short time later the phone call came from his son….”Connie, Dad is gone…”…. and my mind wondered to our last “holy kiss” and our last words, “I will see you again…”


Yes, this was a blessed sacred moment in time. One to hold close to my heart in my journey of life, a little red heart given to me by my Savior.

For one day, we shall all be one…..



Sig Tag

11 little hearts from you...:

Melli said...

Connie... I really don't know HOW you do what you do! You surely are blessed... gifted. And your patients are blessed by you.

Denise said...

You are truly blessed by God, I love you my friend.

Susan said...

Connie,

What a tender compassionate heart you have. God has truly called you for such a time...

What a "holy moment" you got to share with this man!

"O death, where is your sting?"

Blessings,

Susan

Cheryl said...

You are a very special person. You are such a blessing to so many others. You have a caring heart. May God bless you always for what you do for others.

Sharon Brumfield said...

To kiss a cheek that within hours would be kissed by our Savior--how cool.How close is the door of heaven.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Very inspiring and courage-building for the reader. You are an amazing woman.

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, I love seeing people work in their area of giftedness. May you continue to be a blessing to all those around you.

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

As always, it is good to be reminded of the hope we have waiting for us in heaven. It is such a great thing that eternity starts now for believers.

Amen!

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a great scripture! My Mom is a hospital Chaplain and I worked in Pastoral Care -- it is a walk in constant prayer.

Be Blessed!

JUST A MOM said...

Connie I am not sure if I am alright BUT I think i envy you and your job. I think I would LOVE to have your job, I think I could see ME doing this. But of coarse I do not have the training you do and am too old to start now but I love reading your stories. Thank you for sharingg. I have been a bit busy with my friend in town but I am back now.

Mary said...

Connie,

What a special moment you had with this man. I'm so glad he had you in his final time on Earth. Now he is home with his Lord and there is no more pain or suffering and yes... you will see him again.

I pray that you continue to be blessed and that your patience continue to be blessed, through your work.

Blessings,
Mary