Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, October 19, 2007

Well Done My Love




(Joel 2:28) "[The Day of the LORD ] "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."


It has happened again. This is the second time I have had a dream about one of my patients that has come true. Yes, I am reluctant to share this. I do not know if I am to share it or if this is one of those intimate moments that God wishes I keep to myself. But I did end up sharing the story with my patients wife, hoping it would bring her comfort.


In my dream, my patient had passed away and he woke up with a new body (Heaven). No more cancer. No more pain. No more struggles. When I woke up, I wondered if my patient had died or would soon. So I called the office on my way to work and the call nurse said, "No, not yet." So, I went ahead and stopped by their house on the way into work.


My patient was rapidly declining. In team report earlier in the week, I had made mention to his status so the nurse that had him as a patient before me also stopped by to see him later this day mainly to comfort his wife. My nurse peer later told me that afternoon he wasn't as close to dying as I thought (I was still thinking today would be the day). You know she is more experienced than I am as I'm still green on the job. So I still second guess myself but my gut still told me otherwise. Also, my dream lingered in the back of my mind.


On my way home in the afternoon, I stopped by his house as I had already promised his wife I would. Within one hour of being at their house, he declined even more, he was suffocating in his own fluids. I called to get an order for some medicine and started an IV to get him comfortable. It worked. He was finally at peace. I could leave now. I gave report to the on call nurse. Time to go. I gave my hugs to his wife.


But as I told my husband later, something happened. It was like led filled my feet. I could not move. I sat there and sat there. And within 15 minutes, it became very quiet and there was a peaceful sound, my patient tried to sit up. He openned his eyes as if looking at something or Someone and then .....he took his last breath. I held his hand and felt for a pulse....his heart beat became slower and slower until it came to a stop. He then silently slipped out of this world into the eternal life.


The words that came from his wife were "Thank you for not leaving me."

I can't say that what I did was special but only an act of obedience. For it was of the Holy Spirit. I only obeyed His nudging. I had felt Him all day. And we walked His child (my patient) home into His arms of His Father.


And we heard the peace, the whispers... the silence.... as the angels drew near.........


"Well done", I thought I heard Someone say from a distance.


Living the Supernatural,

13 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

God is so very awesome, and He is using you in such mighty ways my precious friend. I love you so much.

Melli said...

You are sO Heaven sent... :)

Baba said...

Wow... Connie , your story warms my heart ..You get to be as close to God when your patients die , as they do.
Very moving...thanks for sharing.
Baba

Sharon Brumfield said...

Precious is the home going of His saints.
How cool God is giving you a little peek into the eternal.
Dreams.......He said they would come.

Susan said...

Connie,

What a blessing you are in your line of work! I love it that the Holy Spirit nudged you there and there you stayed. God is good and I'm certain He knew that taking that man from this life to the next meant that his wife needed special support.

May God bless you richly this day and always.

Hugs to you!!

:-) Susan

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Connie, what a wonderful post!! I am glad that you did not keep it to yourself but shared it with us. I agree with BAba.."You get to be as close to God when your patients die, as they do." How amazing and worth it it must be to you!!
Sandy

Talk..to..Grams said...

Connie this was so beautiful! I am so glad you could be with him. and with his wife. You are a blessing!


I have a very special award for you over at my blog. Come on over and pick it up! love you so much! Grams

Susannah said...

You have a lovely blog, and a tender heart. I'm here by way of Unequal Marriage. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs, e-Mom

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

oh connie...it is beyond words to have you sitting there for such a time as this...just beyond words is all i can say for that family...i love your heart for the wounded, the hurting, the broken...thank you so much for your wise words to me stuck in my own dream...the name of Jesus, the name above all names, above all titles...Deut 10:21 He is our Praise He is our God...thank you Connie for being you, an awesome you

Anonymous said...

Oh Connie,

I have heard this story so many times. How a beloved of the Lord slips away to heaven. They all seem to come awake, some sit up, others can suddenly speak. They see something in the room usually at the celing. It is awesome.

On another note. Praise be to Jesus that the Holy Spirit lives in you and works in you. The wife of your patient will never forget you and it is a pwoerful witness to her as she faces the months of grief ahead.

I love you. I am so humbled to know you. Love and hugs, Lynn

Donetta said...

Sweet heart I understand the prompting and the obidence of the lead in your feet. I too have known these things. I celebrate with you the sacrifice you give in the pouring out of this loving kindness. Peace be with you.
It is a good thing to tell of the experience , Strength and hope. It is these things that we are to speak of.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing that with us. It takes a very special person to do the kind of work that you do. You are such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Connie, you are truly blessed. The care, the feelings, the faith you carry within you and share with your families are heavenly sent. Thank you so for sharing.