Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, October 26, 2007

Unanswered Prayers




(Psalm 35:13) "...When my prayers returned to me unanswered."


A father plans this day. It is to be very special. They don't have much but he has worked hard for this moment. He takes his money and his son and they head out to the bike store. You know, the one in town where the "others" go.

His son jumps out of the car first. His dad's heart beats fast for he is so proud. He has worked hard for this moment.

Hand in hand they walk into the store. His dad has already been here. He knows the bikes, he knows the cost and he knows what he wants for his son. The very best!

But something happens and dads dreams start to fade. His son stops at the front of the store. "This one daddy" cries his son. But his dad looks at him and pleads, "But son, the best is yet to come."

"Nope, this is it." And his son will not budge.

After much prompting, his dad realizes it's no use. Dad is defeated. He only wanted the best for his son. If only his son knew!

How often do we do the same with our Lord? We want what we want instead of waiting on our Heavenly Father to give us His best.

"Be still and Know" says the Lord. (Psalm 46:10).... and hear My whispers.

Thank you Lord for those many unanswered prayers....

Living the Supernatural,

9 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing such a lovely post.

Cheryl said...

I am so touched by your post. Thank you so much. Sometimes we do not wait for what God has in store for us. God Bless!

Aunt Angie said...

Connie---that is so very true!!! That touched my heart this morning...how many times I have been in the place of the "little boy"....wanting what "I want". Not waiting for God...but He teaches...we learn...He loves and forgives our impatience.
You are a "blesser of souls!"
Thanks ! :)

Shawna said...

So true! Thank you for stopping by my blog, Through the Midst of Despair, and for the recommendation. I also have another blog, Scamp's Place, if you get a chance to stop by. I'm going a giveaway to celebrate my one year of blogging!

Melli said...

I often wonder how many things I have "botched" that God wanted to give me - just because I am sO darned head-strong! I know when I mess things up, He still turns it back to good ... but I really DO wonder sometimes!

But on the other hand ... I doubt that he wants us to just sit in a corner twiddling our thumbs, praising Him, and waiting for blessings to fall on our heads! He expects us to LIVE our lives... and so sometimes we have to make decisions! And SOME of us are NOT gifted with discernment! Some of us REALLY are not!!!

Talk..to..Grams said...

This is a good post!! I know I have settled for second best and not waited for the BEST.... just like the little boy!!

Love you, Grams

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

it has taken suffering in my life, especially this year, to see my sin in wanting what i wanted instead of being obsessed with my God and His plan...we'd certainly misunderstand life if He gave us everything...thought provoking post! just listened to 6 hours of Crabb on my way to San Antonio tonight---so touching...i bet the AACC was really good...

Donetta said...

I love this post.
I can so relate to this little boy, even the humility of receiving what is a available rather than the better thing he has for us... Well I have more than I could of ever asked or even dreamed of.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. A struggle at times, "is this what I want" or " is this what God wants for me?" I have learned if it is what I want is when I question and when I am listening to him, there is no doubt.