Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Where Is God?

(Daniel 2:28)"... but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries"


This week has been busy. I have lost many dear patients but then this is the job I endear. I cannot tell you how precious these families and lives are but more importantly, our Savior. He is so present during these sweet and precious times.


Yesterday, I was at the house of my one of my patients when her best friend, her lover became angry as he stood over her dying body and said to me, "So where is your God in this?"


He had already told me that he was agnostic. His spouse is a believer.


He is holding onto his bitterness. The bitterness that numbs his soul and keeps him protected from the sorrow he is faced with.


For if, just if, there is a God... he may be forced to face the fact that what he is dealing with at this moment is real... as he is about to walk through the valley of the shadow of death. (Psalm 23) Denial is a powerful emotion.


But what he doesn't realize is if--- he would open that hand of acceptance of a God, my God, his God--he will find hope, hope born of suffering --well known by our Savior.


This would allow him to be held as he takes the hand of our Savior. Otherwise, he may walk this journey alone after she is gone.


My last words to my friend were, "Ask God to reveal Himself to you."


And at that moment, her perfectly still sleeping dog came over to him and jumped up as if to be held. He said, "Now, that is weird."

So, I whispered to him, "Ask God.." as I left his home.

Blessings...




12 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

I knew you would be wonderful at your job, you are so very compassionate. God is really using you in a mighty way. I love you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow -- I have MISSED you and can't believe that I let the week go by without seeing your sweet self!!

This post, Connie, is absolutely powerful. I just love to read everything you write. ALWAYS makes me think!!

Bless you in the important work you are doing!!!

Blessings,
Dori

Amy said...

Your posts always tough my heart so deeply and make me think. You have a wonderful ministry and awesome opportunities! My father was in hospice the last year of his life and so many of the nurses and caretakers were christians. And those that weren't, well, my mom took her opportunities to witness to them.

I am going to pray for more opportunites for you to share His gift and for those lives you touch each and every day.

In His Love, Amy

Susan said...

What a beautiful story, Connie! It's so hard to reach out and really touch those who are wandering in the wilderness. I think your support was just perfect. What a blessing you must be to these families.

:-) Susan

Sharon Brumfield said...

Praying for this dear man. That he would feel God holding his heart. And that he would know who will soon be holding "his heart".
I pray that the veil will be removed from his eyes so that he can see clearly.

JUST A MOM said...

OH how cool you job is. I wish I were younger and had thought of doing your job. God is so THERE with you. Have a great weekend.

Laura said...

Wow - reminds me of Balaam's donkey, right? Our Lord will use all sorts of servants to get our attention.

Lovely story - tough work, Connie.

Nise' said...

Our God has gifted you with a wonderful ministry! May He continue to give you strength as you minister to these families, many of them in the midst of a feelings of hopelessness.

eph2810 said...

Oh, Connie...that is so powerful and brought tears to me eyes. I am so hurting to the people who do not see Him when He is right there. I guess their heart is just so hardened that they can't see it.
What a great testimony and what a beautiful 'tool' you are to the ones who do not know Him.

Thank you for sharing, my friend.

Blessings to you and yours.

Baba said...

Dear Connie, Your loving touch and caring hands are led by God everyday.You have a special way as a nurse to sent his people to him with great dignity!!!! My thanks go out to you. Baba

Patty said...

This is powerful! I see why God has placed you in this position. God is doing such mighty things through you. I can't even imagine doing what you do. You are so compassionate and I pray this man comes to know God. Have a blessed day!!

Love You,
Patty

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow, that's amazing, Connie.