Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, September 17, 2007

The Brush Of Angel Wings




“He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it” (Genesis 28:12)

Swoosh.


What was that – as a small piece of my hair blew across my face? I felt the wind as something quietly moved into my space. Its’ warmth filled my soul. Peace washed over me like rain on a warm summer day.


I was out of town on a Christian conference. I had just arose up from a wonderful dream. One of my patients’ who really knew suffering from a terrible disease that caused him facial disfigurement was drawing near the end of his life so I had prayed the Lord would take him home. In my dream, he came to me and said, “Look Connie, I am whole again.” In my dream I offered to walk him home. So we strolled hand in hand together for a long walk until he disappeared.


The dream was so real to me that I had to call work later that morning and ask! Did my patient “Go home?” Did he pass away? And I was told, “Why yes he did, during the night.”



Swoosh…… And I felt the wings of Angels pass me by……


Before I left town last week, another one of my patients talked about a “Wedding” for two days. He is in his last days and not coherent. But he went into much detail to explain this wedding, from what he should wear to who will be there.


Then today, his daughter shared with me that her mom finally told her dad that he could “go on home”. She needed to give him permission to let go and go onto be with Jesus. We could tell he was holding on for his precious love, his wife.

Since then he has made the change preparing for his death. His daughter shared with me, in her father’s description of the wedding last week, he explained what he would wear. Not realizing it, his wife picked out the precise suit he had described this past weekend. Their three daughters brought this to their mother’s attention, “Mom, this is the outfit that dad described in detail for the wedding.”

Swoosh, and the small feather of an angel wing fell to the floor....



Today, I asked the daughter, do you think your dad was speaking of “The wedding” as in the Bridegroom and His bride?(Jn 3:29) For her dad was so passionate about this wedding and the date he needs to be ready. She began to cry. For the people attending the wedding have already gone on to be with Jesus.


Swoosh, and the presences of Angels were all around us…..


In Him,

14 little hearts from you...:

Melli said...

Isn't that something? Wow! Sometimes you just HAVE to be AWED!

Hey girl! I just wanted to let you know that I have NOT been Christmas shopping yet! (although it IS on my mind now) The shopping that I have been doing is just to get a few things here for when Luz comes to live! My daughter and son-in-law will be picking her up at Thanksgiving! :-D

Talk..to..Grams said...

That was awesome!! whew!! That was a really good post!!

Hey, I didn't think that town was po dunk!! I am the one who is so PO-dunk that I didn't know about leaving a deposit with out an envelope!!
and My Goodnes yes, it would have been so wonderful if Denise and you and me could have got together!! Oh my that would have been so great!!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful post, brought tears to my eyes. I love you my dear friend.

JUST A MOM said...

And these are the reasons why I think death is so calm and sweet to me. weird I know but to ME death is just that.

beautiful stories.

Gretchen said...

How do you do this, Connie? Well..of course I know how. He is so richly woven into your words. Thank you, dear, sweet friend. Wonderful post.

Anonymous said...

beautifully written
you were blessed to have that experience

I have a cousin in the Uk whose long time house mate is dieing of cancer.
We are praying she has a quick passage home for she is riddled with cancer and is becoming incoherent.

I may pass your blog addy on to my cousin to read :)

Susanne said...

Oh Connie!! That was fabulous!! God is SO AWESOME and He NEVER CEASES to DAZZLE and AMAZE us!! If only we recognized the "swoosh" more often!!! I love you!!!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Wow Connie...you made me think about looking to the Unseen and what is happening all around us this moment and even in the core of my heart...powerful post...

How was AACC? Did you get to hear Larry Crabb? I just sat for 40 hours under his teaching and he so brought God to me!

Love your heart for your ever-present God

Sharon Brumfield said...

Girl, God has truly opened the doors of heaven for you.
This post brought me a little closer to the reality of heaven.
We walk on this earth but our heats are so longing for something more.
Thanks for the peak!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

That is just wonderful!! WOW! Sandy

Anonymous said...

I haven't been around to the blogs in about a week. Life seems crazy right now. Once again I hold back tears when I read your blog. What a great gift you have.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Thinking about you today.

sharon brobst said...

Wow...wonderful post Connie!

PS. I just added the "bullet points" the way I would if I was adding a picture. I found the bullet point on photobucket.com, once it was part of my text I did have to make it smaller by reducing the size from 100 to 25. Hope that helps!

Donetta said...

We live a similar swoosh. I am honored to make your acquaintance.