Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

But Through His Gentle Whispers








The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. (1 Kings 19: 11-12)

I cried out, “God, is that You?”


And there was no answer.


I kept walking along the shoreline of the beach. The waves had lined up to make nature’s precious song and then came crashing into the seashore like clashing symbols. A perfect harmony but still no word, no voice, I did not hear Him speak to me as He so often does here at the Ocean.


Another storm has come and gone in my life leaving thunderous roars against my heart. I can only hear the undulating noise echoing in my chest leaving me confused to its meaning. The drums of this song are also without words, I am left standing, wondering what my Abba could be saying.


I run for a while, looking, seeking, and trying to find wisdom to its meaning out of all of this, looking for answers from You. I have been in this valley too long. So, I go to the mountain top and wait. “Are You here, God?”


I grew weary so I had to rest, under the big tree, the weeping willow (the crying tree) over on the mountain top. And as the breeze started to blow it was a feathery wind. I felt something softly against my face. I had been kissed by the wind ever so slightly on my cheek. There where my tear had just fallen.


It was there in the gentle wind, I heard my Abba speak to me. His Words were to His beloved, me. And what He shared was so intimate that I have not yet shared those words with anyone, for they have only been treasured between He and I, for now.


My answers came not in the power of the day, the revivals of my journey or the storms of my life, yet through the quiet humbleness of my timid heart.


My heart heard His gentle whispers …..


And He calls to us all, if only we listen for His gentle whispers…..

In Him,

11 little hearts from you...:

Susan said...

Mmmmmm...Be STILL and KNOW...I love that verse. Hugs to you, Connie.

:-) Susan

Patty said...

Great word today Connie!!

Love You,
Patty

Anonymous said...

I almost always have to fight back tears when I read your words. Thank you.

Sharon Brumfield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Brumfield said...

First I removed the above comment because it was horrible with typos.;)
This was a beautiful post with such deep meaning.
You painted a picture with words that we could all understand and identify with.
Thank you for this.

Aunt Angie said...

I have never been here before...but was directed here through sweet Iris at Sting my Heart! Congratulations on your "newest" job of writing for Laced with Grace! I totally see why you were chosen.
My heart was touched like it "needed" to be touched today.
When I read your dedication to your daughter....my heart and eyes filled.
I can tell I will back here often. Hope you don't mind!
God bless you!

Bernadine said...

Welcome to LWG and thank your for sharing such a beautiful post.

sharon brobst said...

Connie~ your words always ring so true to my heart! As Susan said...Be STILL and KNOW! Sometimes it's so hard....but it is in the whispers that he often speaks.

I've given you something on my blog...go check it out!

Gretchen said...

I needed some encouragement today, and voila, you write. THanks, Dear One. xxxooogretchen

P.S. You are going to be awesome at LWG. Go Girl!!!!

Sharon Bardwell said...

Well said. Great reminder. It is so easy to miss those gentle whispers, those soft words.

Denise said...

Beautiful my friend, love you.