Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Will You Fix The Heat?















"God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to His will." (Hebrews 2:4)



Yesterday, I walked into one of my patients homes. Her son is staying with her. I happen to know her son, which makes our conversations a little more relaxed. On the last visit God had orchestrated a conversation about Him (God). You see, this family is very clear, they are 'not' spiritual. But the son was the one that started the conversation on the last visit about religion, more than any relationship with God. Because apparently he has visited our church on an occasion and enjoyed our Pastor. A few seedlings were planted that day.

But this visit as I walked in, his mom was sitting up. I said, "Look at you, you look awesome." And he said, "it's nothing short of....." and he stopped. I turned to him and said, "A miracle." And he said, "I won't go that far, yet." I just smiled and sat down with mom and he followed me. You see, she was not suppose to live more than a few days and here it is several weeks later and looking very good.


So we talked about her, keeping the conversation light. As I was getting ready to leave, I always ask if there is anything else I can do for them. The son said, "Well, fix this heat." I said, "well that is in God's hands." So he said, "Well maybe 'you' should pray about it!" So I said that I would be happy to. I gave my hugs, smiled and left. Nothing else was said.

Now, I live in Georgia. It's hot, we are in a drought. No rain in sight. Period....But within one hour of leaving their house, it started to rain and the temperature dropped 15 degrees. "Thank you, God"


I called him and left a message that his prayers were answered. And that was all. Nothing else was said.

Why is my patient still alive?

You tell me... But I think we know...

For our Sovereign God is still at work at a tiny home in a tiny little town

In Him,

8 little hearts from you...:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Oh My Goodness!! That made me get tears in my eyes! God is working on these dear people..... How sweet is that!

HE loves us soooo much!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

You have a Blessed weekend!
..... Hugs ....

Melli said...

LOL! I LOVE this! Don'tcha just LOVE to watch God work? He is sO AWESOME!

Amy said...

I love this story! I will be praying for this family to come to know Him. Keep planting those seeds!

Thank you for leaving a comment. As far as my prayer requests go please pray that the anasthesiologist (spell?) can find a vein. Seriously, I usually get stuck about a dozen times and they have to dig and prod around and it is painful. My surgery is September 10th! I am so anxious to have the other hip done and soon be off crutches! I've spent the last year and a half on them and I think it's time to retire them!

But I am so blessed with a family that has taken such tremendous care of me without complaint. Truly blessed!

Have a great weekend and thank you again!

Sharon Brumfield said...

That was precious!
Way to go "Elijah"!
May the seeds have been watered as was the earth.
Have a blessed weekend.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh Connie, this is a great, great story. You should submit it to Reader's Digest. God is so good.

Sharon Bardwell said...

Oh I think it's a Guideposts story!

And this my sweet friend is exactly why you have changed jobs :-)

Awesome!

JUST A MOM said...

I have to tell you,,, I am a Christian and I have gotten a hard heart towards "christians". I have seen that many use God to reason their meaness. Many have been the first to hurt those around them. Anyway I have to share with you that I am blessed to come and see your TRUE heart of Christ.

Thank you

Jaye

Denise said...

Totally awesome, just like you my friend.