Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, August 16, 2007

For A Pure Heart Of Gold




(Galatians 5:16-18) “Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit… For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit… Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit …?”



Judas—one of Jesus’ 12, walked side by side with Jesus. Jesus knew, He even foretold the story of the betrayal, or the “hand over” as in Greek translation. It was premeditated. Not the result of a moment of panic, nor was it an exchange for his life, but for 30 silver coins.


The Son of God would soon face His trial, His demise. God’s plan? Sure. But Judas did not know this.


Why is it that Judas soon, very soon, became gravely remorseful after the betrayal, the famous "kiss"? What happened? Jesus did not even condemn Judas. Jesus only asked Judas, “Are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” (Luke 22:48)



In our own lives we know, don’t we? Before we buy something we can’t afford, eat something we shouldn’t, take that pill, drink that drink or seek the love in all the wrong places, we know it! God, however, does not condemn us. (John 3:17, Romans 8:1)



We do a great job on our own of condemning ourselves. Our own (ie Holy Spirit) conscious eats away at our souls and tears our spirit into a million broken and shattered little pieces.



Judas was never condemned by Jesus, but by his own heart, which ate away at him like a disease and drove him to his death. We will never really know what took place in those last minutes Judas was on earth. Did he ask for forgiveness? Maybe. The story is to be continued.



Judas played a big part in the design of God’s plan, just as we do even when we are not as perfect as we wish.



For God will use the broken little pieces of our shattered lives and create the most beautiful mosaic design so that the entire world may enjoy. For this has been God’s ultimate plan since the Fall. (Gen 3)



May we trade in our pieces of silver for a pure heart of gold.


In Him,

9 little hearts from you...:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good post girl.
I have done a lot of trading Jesus for the things of this world.Betrayed Him so many times and then acted like I didn't care.
But unlike Judas--my heart belonged to Him. I am so glad He never let me go.
We were just talking about Judas and Pharaoh this week at church.

sharon brobst said...

Wonderful post! I' so thankful God uses everything in my life for His glory...even those times when I've betrayed Him....blessings..

Talk..to..Grams said...

I love your post!
I am glad my heart belongs to HIM too!
Because I have betrayed Him, too!! and the Best thing is, He still Loves me!!

unbeliveable, wow......

Anonymous said...

The thought that god does not condemn us rang loud a clear today. I put so much guilt on myself with every mistake I make. I am encouraged that God looks at me differently.

Melli said...

AMEN! How'd you get so smart? We DO eat ourselves alive with guilt, don't we? My Pastor says "STOP THAT! If God forgives you, who are YOU to not?" So true. So true! Just proves once again ... I'm not as GOOD as God! *sigh*

Susan said...

Beautiful thoughts Connie...and SO TRUE.

Blessings to you.

:-) Susan

Gretchen said...

Beautifully written, Connie. You write with such hope. Your whole blog is a devotional and celebration of Him. Amazing.
xxxoooGretchen

P.S. Re: the beach house comment. You nailed me. :) You so did. Thanks for keeping it real.

Sharon Bardwell said...

And temptations surrounds us.

Even being tempted and not yielding, we condemn ourselves. We are in deed our own worst enemy at times yet all we have to do is say "Here Abba...Here Loving Lord...please take this guilt and replace it with your forgiveness" and He will!

eph2810 said...

You always put everything so beautifully -- even our sinful nature...
I often wonder if Judas would have ask for forgiveness, would be he in heaven. I would thinks so...

Be blessed today and always.