Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Stand at the Door and Knock




"...I stand at the door and knock..." (Rev 3:20)



We like to be needed. Let me rephrase that, we “need” to be needed! If you need me, I am less vulnerable. My insecurities are not as visible as I am scurrying around helping you out. And my heart well let me protect it from the world by keeping it at arm’s length; therefore, it’s untouched, unbroken and loved on my terms (or so I believe).


I have made an interesting observation in my Hospice journey. All my patients welcome me into their homes. They have told me to just “Come on in without knocking.” I have become a part of their family now. But before they knew me and trusted me, I had to knock and wait for permission to come in.


As in Scripture, God being the perfect Gentleman knocks at our door, waiting for permission to come into our lives. (Rev 3:20) And He waits. He waits for our call. Our cry. Our prayers. Patiently. He is not ever going to leave us. He stands at our door.


What keeps us from answering the door?


Distractions, noises from the world, or maybe just our need to be the voice of reason.
Meaning, we have things under control (by our definitions).

Or what about our fear of what Jesus might think if He found our hiding places—the real us?
Surely, Jesus wouldn’t stay with us, what would He say, think? The old lies start playing in our
Minds…..”I’m worthless… I wish you were never born…..Can’t you do anything right…” The list
Goes on…

We all have a story, don’t we?

Why don’t we give God the same consideration, the same open door policy for our life as we do our homes?

Papa, just come on in. My heart is always open. I am yours.

For He stands at the door and knocks.

In Him,

5 little hearts from you...:

Sharon Brumfield said...

We talked about this last night at church. Funny!
Except in our discussion the door was the Bible. He is standing on the other side wanting to get to know us and wanting for us to get to know Him.
If we will open the book and let Him into our hearts--learning and fellowship begins. He fills us with Himself and wala!--we are not so needy anymore.We know who He is and who we are.
Isn't it cool how God speaks?

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but this one made me a little teary eyed.

Denise said...

This was beautiful, just like your heart. I love you.

Nise' said...

I am going to tell you how I am reminded of this over and over again...Let me preface this by saying its probably "way too much information". I tend to wait way too long to go to the ladies room...and I end up dancing around, holding my breath, chanting, just a sec., just a sec., etc. when I KNOW that I will be better off just going and getting it done. Funny, how God uses our quirks to get His message across to us!

Anonymous said...

"He is not ever going to leave us." What reassurance this is to me

What keeps us from answering the door?
I pray fro my parents and my daughter all estranged. I pray that they may to come to know the Lord one day it would make such a difference to their lives

"Papa, just come on in. My heart is always open. I am yours." Amen