Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Eye of the Storm





It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain. (Isiah 4:6)




Well, Hurricane season is here. And we are faced with the mighty force of Dean. Once again, we are looking at a devastating blow (literally) to our people, economy and to the peace as we know it.

This brings me back to as place in memory when I was a child. I grew up in Miami. We usually had a pretty strong hurricane once (or more) a year. I remember one in particular that was pretty bad. My dad had boarded up the windows, nailed down all the loose objects and we waited. My dad and I (my mom and sister slept through it) would stay up to watch and listen for the storm.

But--the most incredible experience occurred during the "eye of the storm". All around us was chaos but while we were in the center of the storm, it was extremely peaceful.

Not long ago, someone asked me what "peace" and "resting in Christ" meant to me. I didn't know how to answer it at that time. But recent circumstances in my personal life have helped me to experience this question. It's funny how the moment I discovered this "revelation", I thought back to the question asked of me and a childhood memory.

As our world around us is in chaos, families falling apart, pain and despair-- we, too, can be in the “eye of the storm” by resting in Christ.

Peace in His hiding place--- even in the midst of our storms and rain of life.

(PS.. I will be back to catching up on your sites.. I have been overwhelmed at work.. and my dad is in the hospital... Please pray he has a good report... thank you)

In Him,

11 little hearts from you...:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I will pray.
May the peace of God and a clear mind surround you today.

Holly said...

Praying for you Connie and for your Daddy...Lord, be with my friend today giving her more of You, Lord. Bless her family. In Jesus' Accomplishing Name,
Amen.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I will pray for your Dad. Sorry to hear he is in the hospital.

Sounds like you have had one busy week!!
Blessings, Grams

Melli said...

He IS the peace in our storms! That is for sure! All WE have to do is remember it! ;)

Sending prayers for your dad...

Anonymous said...

Praying for safety for all in their paths

I learnt that lesson last year
If we lean on Him and rest in Him
He will bring us through
Praise His name

praying for you my friend

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Praying his peace is on you, dear friend.

JUST A MOM said...

a girls dad is important no matter how old we are. PRAYERS

Denise said...

My dear, dear friend, I am lifting you, and your precious dad up in my prayers. I love you.

Sharon Bardwell said...

I think I experienced that same hurricane in Miami!!! I remember the boarded windows etc.

AND! My parents WOKE ME UP to experience the eye of the storm coming over.

sharon brobst said...

What a wonderful picture of peace!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Sweet Connie - I was just thinking abotu the same sort of thing on my way out to Charlotte - where i just left 7 months ago after living there for 12 years.

I was thinking about what i would tell my friends back "home" what it was like living in such a small community and different place. (We have less than 1000 people here.)

I summed it up..........I can finally say i know what it is like to live in Godly contentment and peace. I probably would not choose this place to live, it is got some things that are uncomfortable, it has some things that are testy, and it is soooooo far removed from so many things!! Just corn and beans out here! But I know without a doubt that my husband and I are where God wants us to be and the peace and contentment living in that is like no other! My circumstances are VERY different that i would want, but His peace is more than I could ask for!!! Hope I made any sense!!

Look forward to hearing from you again when things slow down.......do they ever slow down!!

Love, Leigh