Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Do Tarry




“I am sending what my Father promised to you, so stay here… until he arrives." (Luke 24:29) The Msg.

“How do I know when my Father is speaking?

“What do I do when I am waiting on an answer?”

Do you ever ask this question? Are you waiting to hear from our Abba about something in your life?

Not too long ago, I asked this question daily. For several years, I had been feeling this unrest about where, what to and when I was to move to my next place of work and my walk with the Lord. It would have been easy for me to “jump” ahead of God (which I have been known to do) and start “trying” to figure out what it was He wanted me to do. But I have learned that doesn’t work—for me. God is clear, He says, “Stay here… until He arrives….”

But oh, that wait… (Sigh)

What do we do while we wait? (Umm, I could list many things I have done, temper tantrums, bargaining, “Where are you God?” oh the list goes on... you can add your own _________, I’m sure)

I also found out that God wasn’t quite through with me where I was (even though I was sure He “should” be); oh but He was preparing me for the move, to the point I thought my heart would bust at times. But I didn’t have the “where to” yet. So I needed to keep working where I was, even on those hard days. I didn’t sit idle; working as it were all about “me” for God still had work for me to do.

Not until God’s time was at full bloom did He reveal my next move.

And how do we know?

By our hearts desires. For that is our gift from God. When the time came for me to move on to my next journey, the heavens parted and it felt like my heart would explode. There was an undeniable passion that I knew could only be of God. It was backed by the Holy Word. Scripture after scripture that I read and little reassurances came my way.

God spoke.

Prayer.

This is how we know we are in His will….

Then we know He has arrived and now it’s time to move on…

But the best is yet to come for He will come again.

In Memory of Al Clauser (pictured with my dear friend Rita, his precious bride) who went home to be with the Lord. I owe my transition to Hospice to him, as well as the Lord. Thank you....

6 little hearts from you...:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

God bless you as you travel on this new journey....being a Hospice Nurse can only open greater opportunities to let others see Christ in your heart and life.
"Father, as Connie serves You through this awesome ministrty that you've placed her in, touch her and use her in such a way that others will want to know about You". In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen"

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Connie....

This is, yet again, beautiful! I really think that one day all of these writings should be compiled into a book. I'll be happy to be your editor! :)

What a sweet tribute to your friend!! What a gift he has given to all of these precious lives you have touched and will touch because he inspired you.

Blessings,
Dori

P.S. Got my calendar out -- when and where are we meeting for lunch??? :)

Denise said...

I pray for you daily my friend, I know the lifes you are, and will be touching at hospice. Bless your dear servants heart. I love you my friend.

Melli said...

What a wonderful post! Beautiful actually. But what about the other side? What about when you "hear" God asking you to do the HARD thing... and it's something you are really scared to do!? I don't think the Heavens open and it suddenly becomes your hearts desire to do it ... but somehow you know you must obey. HOW do we know that?

Talk..to..Grams said...

That was the sweetest tribute you wrote.
I too think you should save all these and put your writings in a book! They are precious and touch our hearts!

To be able to write like this is gift from God! You are a blessing!

A Friend said...

I just read your quote in your header. Wow! How did I miss that before? I love it and share those feelings.

By the way, welcome to hospice. I love it when a passionate child of God joins in this ministry.