Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, August 3, 2007

Are You Tied To The Dock




Yesterday, Melli asked me " What about when you "hear" God asking you to do the HARD thing... and it's something you are really scared to do!? I don't think the Heavens open and it suddenly becomes your hearts desire to do it ... but somehow you know you must obey. HOW do we know that?"


A while back I shared in a devotional about waiting on our Father, waiting on His voice. So how do we know when it is He that speaks? "My sheep hear My voice", says the Lord.



What do I do when I hear Your voice? Sometimes I am paralyzed with fear. I second guess myself. And yes, I may even question You Father. I am afraid. I don't know whether to move forward. Or wait.


Oswald Chambers puts it beautifully:
"If you yourself do not cut the lines that tie you to the dock, God will have to use a storm to sever them and to send you out to sea. Put everything in your life afloat upon God, going out to sea on the great swelling tide on His purposes, and your eyes will be opened. If you believe in Jesus, you are not to spend all your time in the calm waters just inside the harbor, full of joy, but always tied to the dock.


You have to get past the harbor to get into the great depths of God, and begin to know things for yourself----



Being to have spiritual discernment."



I so admire Abraham that he just picked up and went when You told him to. I wished I had that kind of faith.



Oh Papa, if you must,,, cut the lines that tie me to the dock.



Blessings to you all.... thanks for visiting....

6 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

My friend, I so look forward to coming here each day, because I know I will be sweetly blessed. I love you.

Nise' said...

That is one of my favorite OC devotionals! Thanks for reminding me of it today!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Like Denise I look forward to reading your post because they bless me and make me stop and think!! Have a great weekend!!

Melli said...

I just have to tell you that this - when you left it on my blog the other night - was VERY instrumental in me taking my walk on water! I had almost given up... the opportunity didn't seem to be presenting itself, and then I read this. I got up immediately and untethered myself. God used you in a VERY LARGE way that night! :)

Gretchen said...

Gotta love Oswald Chambers. He and CS Lewis are two of my faves at getting to the heart of the matter. Thanks for your encouragement, as always. xxxooogretchen

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

This is the post that Melli was telling me about..GREAT as always...You know Melli is one that is coming in October here to my house...You can come you know..Sandy