Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, July 27, 2007

What Are Your Favorite Things?








I was tagged by Denisiepoo over at Shortybear's place for this meme. A little good Friday fun.....(Thanks my sweet friend)



What were you doing 10 years ago?



Raising a one-year -old, 9-year- old and 13 year-old

working as an Orthopaedic Case Manager in the Hospital


GUYS-NOT living for the Lord, ouch! although, we were in church.



What were you doing 1 year ago?



Working as a Director of Outpatient Surgery.


Working as a Christian Counselor (still am)


Raising a 10 year old.. the daughters are raising themselves--one is in college, one is married with our grandson.. smile


Absolutely living for the Lord.. Hallelujah \o/





Five Snacks You Enjoy:



I love the low fat chocolate Popsicles


I love popcorn


ummmm cheesecake

(Definitely not lowfat)

Love brownies... but take them out of the oven a few minutes before they are done.. drives my daughter crazy...


strawberry shortcake




Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics:



OK.. you are going to die... I Think I Love You by the Partridge Family... I still sing it.. What is that giggling about.. I do...


Over in the Meadows is my son's favorite....


You are my Sunshine is my Daughters... ( I didn't have my oldest stepdaughter when she was a baby so I didn't get to pick a favorite for her... now she'd ask me to NOT sing to her.. )


Total Praise - Brooklyn Tab


Gosh.. I really have a lot that I wish I knew.. and I'm brain dead right now...



Five Things You Would Do If You were a Millionaire:



I would live right where we are....amen....God gave us this beautiful home... I'll have to tell you about that sometime..


yea,,, who doesn't have debt... well some don't.. but pay that off...


Definitely-- use it for the good of charity..


My mom...my dad's needs...in-laws... our children's needs--after they finished school..


I would let God show me where it needed to go...


one of our docs here in my home town just won a million dollars the other day.. go figure...



Five Bad Habits:



I'm guilty of the computer monster...


Pride....ms. know it all..


Jumping to conclusions...not waiting for the other side of the pancake to flip(hey,,, there is a devotional in that)


I'm a clutter bug..drives my hubby crazy... then we go through a throwing away party


I'm bad about harbouring or hiding my emotions




Five Things You Like To Do:



Read


Journal


Write Devotionals


Blog


Talk to my husband / kids / family


(No particular order here)




Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:



Those skirts with the scratchy underlay slips under it... ouch, yuck,, I cried as a girl.. hated it....


Overalls... sorry, I look like a good year blimp


short shorts.. those days are so over..


non supportive strapless bra's... omg... the last time... it ended up at my belly button... not a good thing....while I was at a restaurant..


tight tank tops... unless I'm trying out for an Oscar Meyer sausage commercial...



Five Favorite Toys:



I love toys....


Those Q12 toys.. I love them


computer games.. there is a Bible game that my mother in law sent me.. love it


Chess... LOVE it... my dad and I use to play... and now, I can play the computer.. not as much fun but I need to get good again so I can play my dad... smile


I love to play ball with my son.. my hubby said I throw like a boy anyway...


I love to blow bubbles.... wonder what that is about? therapeutic....



thanks for coming, reading and enjoying (assuming you enjoyed)...



I would love all of you to participate.. because I can get to know you.. .let me know when you write yours and I'll come and visit.. or leave yours on my comments...


PS.. If haven't been on the computer much since my new job... wow.. it's busy.. but.. I will visit you all this weekend..... blessings and love to you ...


Blessings in Him,

11 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Ilove you, you crack me up, lol

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great list...Hey I see that you know Down in the Meadow..If that is the one with the fishies...right? I have sang that to my kids for years and years and my parents sang that to me too. I never knew the name of it before...smile...now I do. I have my meme up too. I did it a couple of days ago. I love reading your blog. I know I am just new to your site but so glad that Grams (Carolyn) sent me here. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet snapshot of you! I laughed at some of your things you would never wear again! I still love coming here and just "resting" with what you write, friend!!

Blessings,
Dori

P.S. I love bubbles, too!!! :)

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am so glad I found your site,too!
I love comming here and want to visit everyday! You are a busy lady!

But doing such a good work, and bringing love into the last days of their lives is blessing to them!

I love your meme and did the same one!! I don't wear sleeveless blouses anymore!!

sharon brobst said...

Thank you. Gave me a much needed chuckle. I love the idea of the meme...I'll try to do it tomorrow...blessings..

charlestonyaya said...

What a great way to get to know you just a little bit better - after hearing your song list - we must be about the same age!! Hope this has been a blessed week for you! Kathy

Anonymous said...

Connie,

You crack me up... I love this one...OK.. you are going to die... I Think I Love You by the Partridge Family... I still sing it.. What is that giggling about.. I do...

The short shorts and strapples bar has me rolling and tears in my eyes. Knock it off.... I am laughing so hard. What a great time.

Baba said...

Hi Connie, Thanks for visiting my blog today.I have enjoyed reading your post. I feel at home coming over here to visit you.Sounds like a busy job, but rewarding in the end.....Have a good week-end . Baba

A Friend said...

What is a Q12 toy? Wasn't David Cassidy so "something"? (I can't remember what we called hunks back then... :)

Susan said...

Wonderful list, Connie!! I have to laugh because I bought a David Cassidy CD (a recent one) and my kids used to sing "I Think I Love You" at the top of their lungs! In fact, my oldest DS 1 took it from my car when he started to drive cause he likes to listen to it. (I'm not sure he'd admit it to his friends, though.)

I enjoyed reading this meme, Connie. I've loved getting to know you via this blog.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

sharon brobst said...

Connie I put my list up and linked it back to you! It was fun...but some of those where quite tough to think through!!