Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Walk A Mile In Their Shoes








"Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7:1-2)


When I was a little girl…. And I might say, “Oh look at that person, they are….” My grandmother would quickly correct me by saying, “You don’t know what their life is like until you walk a mile in their shoes.”

I have grown up and I still sometimes catch myself judging someone before I think, but quickly a little voice nudges me and says, “….until you walk a mile in their shoes”. Between the seeds my grandmother planted and the twinge of the Holy Spirit, I can choose to pick up and walk in their shoes or judge them from the shoes in which I walk. I have a choice to obey its voice or ignore it and have it tug at my heart.

“Man”—still tries to take God’s Word and make it work for “this” world. But God is specific in what He says, “For My ways are not your ways” (Isaiah 55:8)… Judging others? DON’T. Period.

When the Holy Spirit “explodes” in our souls, we feel our heart staring to beat faster, our throat tightens, our mouths dry out, and our palms start to sweat… it is then that our Papa steps aside as only a Gentleman would… and say, “This is your call.”

Whose shoes will you walk in? Better yet, offer them your shoes?

7 little hearts from you...:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Great Post!! Makes you stop and think !! Love your blog site!

A Friend said...

How true this is! Thank you for the reminder. I love the phrase and I think I'll use it for my kids.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Marvelous!! I have been trying to teach my grandson that same principle!! He will learn in time...hopefully!! sandy

Denise said...

Awesome post as always my beautiful friend, love you so much.

Nise' said...

I missed you while I was gone! My 20 year old son so learned this lesson working beside a wonderful christian young man (17) who happens to be black (as he wants to be referred to). Looking forward to catching up.

Denise said...

Tag, you are it. I tagged you for a meme.

Gretchen said...

This is such a timely lesson. Every day, I could read it and be reminded of the truth in the passage. If we did more praying for each other than preying upon each other, I think there would be a bit more peace. Thanks, Connie!