Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I AM Lesson 9



Discussion Questions:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond?

Interesting you should bring this up. I do speak often. Rating myself, well I would say an 8. (But this is after my period of living a night of Peter / denial). I am now pretty bold in my witness and my beliefs.

Friday actually, I saw a friend that I haven't seen in a while and she asked me about work. I told her about my upcoming move to Hospice and I am very open about it being God's move. I without a doubt share openly how God has had total control in my life and my passion for Him.

My daughter actually made note to the effect that she said, "you can tell we are in a small town because people don't talk about God this openly at school." I asked her if she was uncomfortable when I do that. She said no but that it was just different here. I told her I would do it wherever I was. She said she knew I would.

2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan?

About a year and a half ago in my current job, I was written up for the first time in my 27 years as a nurse. Why? For not notifying my boss that I had left the building.. thus, poor communication. Needless to say, I was devastated. There was much strife between myself and my boss prior to this and I felt like I was being set up. I was in prayer day and night over this situation. I was so confused during this time.... I had no idea if God was upset with me, if Satan was having his way with me or what... I was just at a loss....

so, with counsel, I just hung on and continued in prayer. Eventually, my boss was fired. I ended up counseling someone else over this situation and God was glorified in this situation.

It was never about me, it was about Him.

3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part?

Well how funny.... I think #2...... says it all....

but another situation occurred years before where I was wrongly accused and pushed into a corner.... It led to my first real brokenness... And I am so thankful for that because that is when I came to know the Lord. I was 39 years old... and during that time, I came to the family of Jesus Christ...


4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory?

The world watches those whom believe. Why? I think they too are in search of something to fill the void. They "want" to believe. So because I claim the life of Jesus Christ, all eyes will be watching.... watching for hope... and if I fall, I need to be able to explain... that I too am human... that if I were perfect,,, there was no reason for Jesus to come and die on the cross (Gal 2:21)... but I still strive ..... for it is my direction (sanctification) for that someday perfection (glorification) when I stand before God....


5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it?

No, each time I go through a trial or tribulation, I am chiseled and molded to be a little more like Christ. I am more and more made into the image of Him. Praise be to God.....

Thank you Lisa for taking the time to teach us a lesson that is as always wonderful!





6 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful honest answers my friend, love you.

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Connie-As always you make me think! Those around us are watching for the hope that we have. Sometimes - most of the time - our actions speak our faith louder than our words. Thanks for the reminder!

Blessings

~Layers*of*Me~ said...

You are so right! Christians are under a microscope and intense scrutiny whether the intentions of the observers are to point out flaws and failures or to see the abundant love and peacefulness filled within.

God Bless You!

Susanne said...

You are SO RIGHT!! Thank you for sharing your beautifully honest answers. Have a lovely evening!!

Nise' said...

You are so right that the world is watching and listening! May the words that come out of my mouth in the course of my day testify that it is all about Him!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I have also gotten to know God as Justice...It is so hard to be falsely accused and not defend ourselves but God's justice is so much more righteous than any we could ever execute...

loved your insights this week...

lisa