Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Freedom's Never Free


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." (Galations 5:1)

The Fourth of July has become iconic to Americans. A festive day for most. Some it may be a sad and tragic memory of the loss of a loved one.

Last year, my family visited the Arlington Cemetery in Washington DC, the site of many fallen soldiers. As I stood there looking across thousands of gravesites, I thought of how many children and young adults gave their lives for me. Then I thought of how many families the wars had touched. Freedom is never free.

My friend Jeff, before he died often shared his nightmares about his war days. But his deepest hurts were those when he returned to the U.S. His own people did not receive him. He was spit on and cursed for fighting for his country and doing what his President asked him to do. I saw Jeff cry.
Freedom is never free.

And I have read the story and heard my Father whisper, "My Son died on a Cross for everyone's sins, so that all may have life--eternal life with Me (Jn 14:6). I AM the one who sent My precious Son to fight for you all because I love you so much(Jn3:16). But My deepest hurts are that My Son's own people did not receive Him. He was spit on and cursed for fighting for His people and doing what I asked Him to do. I saw My Son weep (Jn 11:35)."

Freedom is never free.

In Memory of Jeff Purdue…...

In honor of my dad, served in the Air Force.

In honor of my brother-in-law, service in the Air Force.

In memory of grandfather, who served in WW1, WW2, Spanish Amer War and others...

To my nephew as he prepares for entry into the Air Force.

To all of you that have served or will serve.

But most of all, to my Savior... who gave His life for me... for you.....


May America Bless God!!


6 little hearts from you...:

Praise and Coffee said...

As my son finishes boot camp next week, this 4th of July is more meaningful than ever.

Happy Independence Day and thank you to all our troops.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Happy Independence Day to you and your family. My Grandfather and many family members have served as well I liked your post.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Happy 4th to you as well!!

Enjoy everything, even the mosquitos!! hee hee

Love, Leigh

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow, you have a lot of people to be proud of. And yes, we're free at a price politically and spiritually. Priase Jesus for paying the price.

eph2810 said...

Amen, Connie. Yes, freedom is never free. I grew up in a divided country and I saw the people and I heard stories from life behind the wall. Many gave up their life, because they were not free.
But true freedom comes from the cross--no matter were we live or die.

Thank you so much for sharing your heart today.

Be blessed today and always.

Denise said...

May you, and your family be greatly blessed. Thanks for a beautiful post.