Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Desires Of The Heart




(Isaiah 55:2;) ".....and your soul will delight in the richest fare."


Desire?


We talked about this yesterday. Desire - a place we go to meet God. For in our heart is where God awaits us.


When I came to know Christ, it was out of a powerful, unrelenting desire to know Him. Sure I was broken, sure I had nowhere to go, and it was as if the desire was like a homing device driving me back to my originator. Maybe I could not articulate it at the time but my desires drove me into His arms. I was lost and I sought, on my darkest night, the comforts of His arms ..... His unconditional love.


The Samaritan woman at the well--in her embarrassment she went out in the heat of the day to avoid ridicule of the towns people to draw her water. Instead, she meets God. He, of course, doesn't condemn her, but speaks of her thirst, her dreams, her desires, her future. He offers her the living water. (Jn 4:10)...No sermon.. just unconditional love.


Christianity is not an invitation to "Boarding School" but to that of a intimate relationship with Jesus. The transformation comes only as an aftereffect of our desires for our Master. Out of our love relationship, we wish to serve, not out of a have to.



"For I came that you may have an abundant life" (Jn 10:10)


We are living the eternal life now. No one can take that from us. BUT, do we choose to live it to the fullest? It's about quality of life.


Start living today......


What are your hearts (God's) desires?



6 little hearts from you...:

Susanne said...

Once again, I am speechless! Another beautiful post! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your sweet words over at my blog. I just love your blog and all your Little Red Hearts!!! ;-)

And yes, I read the book CAPTIVATING about three years ago. My mom gave it to me, and I honestly have never been the same. To see finally see myself the way Jesus sees me, well...it has been a turning point in my life. That is why I call my blog Truly Captivating. My hearts desire is to be all I can be for HIM!

Have a wonderful day!!!

TammieFay said...

The longer I walk with the Lord and know Him through the pages of His Word the more my desires become "His desires" for me. My desire is to WANT His desires for me. I do not want to face Him one day and hear Him say, "I had so much more for you down there, if you had only cooperated with Me." Help me, Lord!

Laura said...

Preach it Connie! Thanks for missing me! :) And I'm so glad to always come by for all the little red hearts you share with us.

Nise' said...

My determined purpose is to know Him! It's my desire. When I first came to your blog I though Desire read Denise and I had better pay attention! LOL

Denise said...

My hearts desire is to be what Jesus wants me to be always.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I was always taught in school that you can't define something by what it's not, but some comparisons along that vein work for me, as in your line "What Christianity isn't ...." Beautiful post.