Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, July 30, 2007

Are You Walking Around With A Donut Bag On Your Head?

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed..." (James 5:16)

One Saturday years ago, my husband woke me up at 5:00 a.m.. I thought to myself as I was coming out of a deep sleep, this house had better be on fire. After all, it's Saturday, my day, my only day to sleep in.

My husband whispered into my ear, 'You've got to see this."


As we walked into the Great room, he said, "Where is Aggie?" (this is our Welsh Corgi dog). She quietly walked towards my husband as if nothing were out of the ordinary. Both of us were rolling in laughter as we looked at her with a Krispy Kreme donut bag tightly stuck on her head. She had apparently gotten into the garbage during the night. (A bad habit of hers) I'm sure she was hoping we wouldn't notice.

How often do we as Christians approach God with blatant sin, hoping He too will not notice?Oh, I'm sure there are times He also may chuckle, but then there are other times, it causes Him great Fatherly sorrow.

My husband finally pulled the donut bag off Aggie's head. There she went about her business of the day.

If we approach our Abba Father, He will help us get back on track. Basically, pulling the donut bag off of our head.

Remember "it's not perfection, but direction" in the life we live.

In Him,

7 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Amen, this is so true. Your posts are always so inspiring, thank you my friend. I love you.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Very appropriate!! GREAT!! I love reading your posts...thanks for this one..Sandy

Talk..to..Grams said...

I know there are times I need the donut bag pulled off my head for sure! another great post! love ya!!

Susanne said...

I love it!! Direction NOT Perfection!! Thanks so much for that Connie! You bless me so!!
Have a great week!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Well, Connie, you know I love dog stories. This is so cute, and my goodness, how you find ways to make practical applications spiritually! Good, fun stuff.

Susan said...

Amen. That cracked me up too. I can just picture the dog.

:-) Susan

Sharon Bardwell said...

Just like Aggie, we either just want to have a little fun or get a bite to eat...but we make the wrong choice and get our head stuck in bag! Oh my how silly we look when we turn back to the Father, huh? Great entry!