Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, June 18, 2007

We Are One In Love


Judge not, that you be not judged —(Matthew 7:1)


I think we, as Christians are probably the worst --at judging others that is.

I am really good to yell at a particular member of my family about how critical he is at times. I am always trying to change him. But you know, it just doesn't seem to work. At all!!

Yesterday, on my way out of the room he was sitting in, I was mumbling under my breath about someone on TV. What a horrible person they were and should not be allowed to do anything. So, I threw myself down in my reading chair, picked up my devotional book and started reading. You know how it is when you are disgusted. Well, the first two sentences read like this, "Jesus’ instructions with regard to judging others is very simply put; He says, "Don’t." The average Christian is the most piercingly critical individual known." (Oswald Chambers)

Immediately, I thought of this person in my family. Yea, I thought, he needs to read this. You know how proud you feel when you have a revelation for someone else?! It was like I found the cure for cancer. I wanted to run to this other person in my life and share these words. And then…..And then as if a bolt a lightening from the sky hit me between the eyes, I realized it wasn't about him, it was about me. (Big pitiful sigh) The mumbling I had been referring to was my critical nature about another person. I am no different. I am --- guilty as charged.

Humbled? You might say that!

Why do we feel the need to criticize others? Does it make us feel less guilty of a deed? Does it make us feel more important, more acceptable before God? Why?

As Dr Phil says, no matter how thin the pancake, there are always two sides to it. In people's life's, there will always be two sides to their story and we most likely don't know the other. Can't we give them the benefit of the doubt?

Are we so perfect that we can judge? I think not. After all, the only One that can judge is the Holy Spirit. And He will do so without hurting and wounding the soul.

None of us are superior to another.

For we are one in the Holy Spirit, walking side by side, hand in hand.

We are one in love.


5 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

I want to add a great big amen to this my friend, love you.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Honestly, I sometimes think what we are doing is subconsciously chiding ourselves for either being that way, or we're trying to remind/warn ourselves not to be that way. Or maybe we're just mean!

Praise and Coffee said...

Ouch, those were my toes thank you very much!
Just kidding, great post.

I found you over at Holly's place.

Blessings,
Sue

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Hi - I have spent some time on your blog and am so impressed!! Love the music, pictures, posts - everything is great!!!

Have a great week!

Gretchen said...

Thank you for a beautiful breath of fresh air in that post, my friend. Soooo true. sigh. Yeah...I'm convicted. But...I've really been trying to give this to the Lord because I think that the big "judging thing" is what gives us Christians a bad name. And...given that I'm unequally yoked, I need to take heed of my words and actions even in my own home.