Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Strength of Weakness



"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:10)

It is in my brokenness that I have come to know the strength of my Papa. But this is so bizarre to me, or it was. How is it that I must be so broken, so weak before my Abba can come to me? Why must I go through the gates of weakness that I have never known before, so that I can stand at His feet and allow Him to pick me up? Oh yes, I even became so worn out that I was aware of my very next breath. So broken, that I felt as if every word said to me were hot coals touching my already burned skin. Broken? Yes -- into a million little pieces.

Why is it that God? "Delights" in these moments?

Paul on his road to Damascus.

David after his sin with Bathsheba.

Peter after Jesus was taken prisoner.

Me not too long ago…

You…. You have your own story, don't you?

Broken, in some relationship, hardship, unduly persecuted (either in the church or in the family, a close friend), your work and uncertainties? You may even cry out, "God where are You?

But just know -- that brokenness is "the main ingredient" to a Christian’s life. For God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud. (James 4:6)

You will know a new kind of strength that you have never known before, if you allow God to walk this journey for you.

For when I am weak, I am strong.

And our Abba will put the pieces of our life back together reflecting the most beautiful light of His Son.

7 little hearts from you...:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

what a great post - thank you!!

Also thank you for your insightful and simple words to my blog...

have a fantastic day!

Susan said...

Beautiful words Connie...it's in our weakness that He makes us strong.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Denise said...

Lovely post my wonderful friend.

Sharon Bardwell said...

Connie,
I can only pray that during your time as a Hospice nurse, you can start to assemble these great lessons into a book so that more people can gain greater insight into what our Loving Lord is teaching us. You constantly challenge me. Thank you!

Sharon

Patty said...

You know Connie I always say that I am so blessed every single time I come for a visit and I say it again! This is a wonderful post. We all have our stories of trials and suffering but praise God he is always with us!!

Love You,
Patty

forgiven4this said...

Connie...wow amazing is all I can say. Your so right, so humble, and so loving to share this....thanks so much, blessings always

Nise' said...

For years I had this backwards! I still struggle with it, but on a good day I rush towards brokenness because I know thats when healing begins! Thanks for sharing this truth.