Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, June 29, 2007

Reflection Bloggers Award

The other day, Linda at 2nd cup of coffee blessed me by naming me one of her recipients for this award. I have to say, I was pretty darn excited. I wanted to be humble.. but oh well... it got the best of me and I sort of shouted and did a hallelujah dance.... \0/

Then I read on and found out that the originator of this award is a 16-year-old girl. Wow, I thought. At 16, I was just an ackward nut case basically.

Now, back to Linda. She, bless her soul, finds my blog "poetic, intelligent, in tune with God, and has a faithful way of lifting Him up. I always leave her site inspired." Now this is where I wanted, did, cry. Now I am humbled....

So my sweet friend, Linda, who I have grown to so love her writing and have been drawn to admire. She's out there... totally real....and I have to say that part on her blog, "Don't write like you have ever been to college".... well that was probably written for me... by the way....I thank you with a million thanks.... I will cherish this award...and hopefully do it justice as I pass it on...
Bless you always...

I have a stipulation if you receive this award, I want to recognize the originator, a teen aged girl enthralled with Lord of the Rings. You can meet her here.

Here are her stipulations for granting the award:"As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you.

Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.""This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given."That's a pretty tall order from a 16 year-old girl, but here are my nominees:

First, I want to nominate, Ivey's mom, Gwen. I know she will not feel this is an award she deserves nor should accept. But I know she does, hands down. When my world sometimes seems to some days feel it is spinning out of control, I click onto Ivey's little world and she lifts me up. Ivey with her challenges just lifts me up through her smile and her encouragement. Gwen, even though she may have bad days, she still manages to find the beauty of each day. She doesn't pretend to have it all together or to be a supermom. She is just real and paints it as it is. I am so touched by the love of this family. I am so blessed to know them.

Second, I want to nominate Sharon at Little Lessons. Perseverance comes to mind. Each day she pours out the Word of God. Through her "little lessons" she uses every day lessons to show us how God is speaking to her. She is faithful to come out each day and speak truth. Her love for the Lord is beautiful, special, faithful and honorable. Even when her days are tough, she is there. I can't wait to open up her page for it's like having a gift that awaits me.

Third, I want to recognize Nise at Thus Far The Lord Has Helped Me. Oh my, where do I start. This girl, well you know woman.... she blesss my socks off. She loves the Lord with all her heart. Even after the sorrows she has endured, she loves Him even more. She shows us that unconditional love of God. Her sweet spirit is so lifting. She harbors no ill will. Her prayer life is to be an example for us all. So when I grow up maybe I could be just like Nise.... smile.. bless you sweet one.

Fourth, I am so excited to nominate Denise at Shortybear's place. wow, what can I say but this girl, she is the encourager of all encouragers... daily, I mean like clockwork... she sends me notes encouraging me on. Her love for God blesses me to tears. I listen to her stories and I think man, if she can get through that, I can do anything. And her love for her momma, I just know her momma is an angel in Heaven so proud of her. She is a great example of love for her hubby. She never I mean never says one mean thing. She truly is an inspiration.

Five, last but not least I want to recognize Lisa at the Preacher's Wife. Boy does she keep me on my toes. But does she know her Bible... I love her teachings from I AM so you won't have to.... I ALWAYS learn from her classes. She brings the blogging world of Christian woman together so that we can support each other and basically lick each others wounds (ok that sounded gross but you get the picture)... Lisa, your spirit is so tender. I love how you love the Lord. I love that you are real, and you never and I mean NEVER have a self-righteous moment in your teachings.. Thank you...you take us like we are... just like Jesus did.....Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit and taking time to teach us... I love you dearly for it...


Now girls, please honor these awards as it was designed.... go out and choose your 5...... and as always, continue to love the Lord with all your heart.....

Let me know when you are posted and I will come and visit.....

Love you all......


7 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

We are starting a new Blog Meme this Sunday. http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/spritual-sunday-meme/
(if you list seven links you can combine SSSS with Sunday Seven (2 birds 1 stone!)

Hope to see you there!

Denise said...

Thank you for touching my heart, I love you dearly, will let you know when my post is up.

Denise said...

My blogger reflection post is up sweety, love you.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Thank you! for your encouraging words! I am glad you could be given the award! People are blessed by you... obviously!! ; P

God bless!

Sincerely,
Jocelyn

Deena Peterson said...

Bravo...excellent choices!

Nise' said...

Thank you my friend for the kind words of encouragment and recognition! You definitely deserve this award as well!

eph2810 said...

Congratulations on receiving this award. Very well deserved :)

I have to agree with your choices on Nise', Denise and Lisa. The two other recipients I am not familiar with, but might get to know sometime (when I have time to explore new blogs *smile*).

Blessings to you and yours...