Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, June 28, 2007

What's A Little Rain


(Matthew 16:24-25) "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."


Life.

It can be downright hard at times. But nowhere in the Bible did Jesus ever say, "Follow Me and life will be easy."

No….not anywhere.

I think it is more like, "Take up his (yours and mine guys, not his or hers) cross and follow Me….so whoever loses his life (our way of doing things that are not God ordained)…" (Matt 16:24-25)…It clearly states it in the Bible.. I think we just choose to ignore what that life looks like…. It will be hard.…. (As a matter of fact, I can't think of one disciple that had the easy street life. I believe they were all in one way or another martyred. Their life pretty much stunk) But read the words of the Bible written by any of them. The love and joy exudes through the words relayed to us. It's so beautiful.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have lost me or what I thought was I. How? Through the molding process of my Christian life, and I might add that it has been a painful process. The storms of life will come our way in order to mold us into the image of Christ.

Some days the rains are a small trickle but other days the clouds loom and the storms become great. It is on these days, I seek shelter. The shelter of my Savior. I draw closer to Him. I find the intimacy, the joy, the peace and the comfort in the midst of some of the biggest storms of my life.

Papa, what is a little rain when I know once again the Son will shine?

Blessings….


11 little hearts from you...:

Patty said...

Can I tell you that the Spirit of God has been ALL over you thru all of your posts! I am receiving so much that I can hardly contain it!! I have to ask, do you teach a class at your church? Teaching has to be one of your gifts. I have left you an award, visit my blog to see!!

Love You,
Patty

forgiven4this said...

Mind blowing truth......spirit felt love for others in pain...I so hear it...I so see it, Connie blessings

Sharon Bardwell said...

In Christ you are indeed 'found'. I'm so glad that that is true!

Denise said...

The Son truly shines in your life my dear friend.

Gretchen said...

Oh, Connie, what a lovely post. What IS a little rain in the face of eternity, anyway?

BTW, thanks for your comments on my post today. History Boy has very significant sensory integration dysfunction (or sensory processing disorder is the current favored term). See a post on "Does your shirt itch?" that I did in May, I think. Tells a little bit more about him. Thanks for asking, and OF COURSE it's your business because you're my friend. ((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

life may be and is hard at times
but we have hope
I also think that if we remember about Him the glory can go to Him in all circustances
and best of all He will see us through it

Anonymous said...

"The storms of life will come our way in order to mold us into the image of Christ."

AMEN AMEN! Well said. Thank you.

I'm having a flood right now but Praise God He is in charge and I know my house is built on a rock!

Anonymous said...

Connie,

Wow, I have missed you. I have been too busy. My trip was cancelled this weekend. I have three whole extra days.

Therefor, I am hear to read your words of wisdom. this post is touching. A rich blessing to me is what you are. Blessings!

forgiven4this said...

I'll be praying for you and your friend. I hope that there was nothing I said that hurt you in my post. It is just a lesson I have had to learn over and over.

Susan said...

I love the verse that says, "Count it all joy when you encounter trials" (my paraphrase). Thank you for sharing your heart each and everyday, Connie! It's such a blessing to me...no, it won't always be easy, but it will always be with Him by our side, if we allow it to be.

:-) Susan

Ivey's Mom said...

Sweet post.

I still need to email you back.