Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm Coming Back

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection?

The Gospel of John (20:7) tells us that the napkin, which was placed over the face of Jesus, was not just thrown aside like the grave clothes. The Bible takes an entire verse to tell us that the napkin was neatly folded, and was placed at the head of that stony coffin.

Is that important? You'd better believe it! Is that significant? Absolutely! Is it really significant? Yes! In order to understand the significance of the folded napkin, you have to understand a little bit about Hebrew tradition of that day. The folded napkin had to do w/ the Master and Servant, and every Jewish boy knew this tradition. When the servant set the dinner table for the master, he made sure that it was exactly the way the master wanted it. The table was furnished perfectly, and then the servant would wait, just out of sight, until the master had finished eating, an d the servant would not dare touch that table, until the master was finished.

Now if the master was done eating, he would rise from the table, wipe his fingers, his mouth, and clean his beard, and would wad up that napkin and toss it onto the table. The servant would then know to clear the table. For in those days, the wadded napkin meant, "I'm done". But if the master got up from the table, and folded his napkin, and laid it beside his plate, the servant would not dare touch the table, because the servant knew that the folded napkin meant, "I'm not finished yet." The folded napkin meant, "I'm coming back!"

He is Coming Back!

ALLELUIA!!

8 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Praise God, yes, He is coming back!! I love you my friend.

Patty said...

Praise God!! Oh, praise God he is coming back!! I loved this post! Thank you.

Have a great weekend.

P.S. I have a nice little t-shirt that is orange and white for you! LOL!!

forgiven4this said...

Amen...and Praise God...He is coming can you feel it...cause I can : ) loved it, the napkin, reminds me of so many things

Blessings

Gretchen said...

Hallelujah and AMEN!

Lord, I pray that you would help me remember to think and live in the forward moving grace toward Your return. In Jesus' name, amen.


((((hugs))))

TammieFay said...

Hallelujah and Maranatha....come, Lord Jesus, come!

Holly said...

Got oil in my lamp and am waiting patiently and asking constantly! Oh come soon Lord! We have some wonders to see and some tears that need wiping!
Thanks for the post today, Friend!
Love,
holly

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

oh connie!!!!
that post is so moving...
God has really touched me today thinking about the Resurrection...was reading Chapter 5 of Waking the Dead this a.m. and it spoke of THE GLORY OF GOD IN those who are FULLY ALIVE because that napkin was folded and it happened. Oh my! And what His resurrection power means in our lives this moment---the same power that rasied Jesus for the dead is for you in your new hospice job...loved it when you said you took a cut in pay...you're not living for this world and the things of this world...i love that...loved loved loved this post and will never forget that image of the folded napkin...very meaningful to me tonight right where I am...my husband lost his job of 28 years quite a surprise to us...no surprise to God. Psalm 27:13 I would have despaired unless I had believed we will see the goodness of God in this...maybe not tonight but because He wasn't done in the grave...you have no idea my friend that the specific words you used will stay with me...love your faith to step out like Abraham cause God said so...oh!
ps - i have got to learn how to write one sentence posts!!!!!!!!!
but I'm hurting & struggling & we wait for His will to go back into the ministry we so love & my Redeemer lives and Hallelujah He is showing up! I loved this post!

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Connie-
I am so glad that you posted this. I have been a little behind in my blog reading and this just made my day.

I enjoy learning about these cultural contexts that are so important in meaning. The words of God - all of them tell us something! Thank you for sharing this insight and giving us a great reminder that Jesus is planning on returning - SOON!

Cyndee