Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy Birthday - Christa




To my baby niece -- Christa....

She turns 21 today... I just can't believe it...

It seems like yesterday I held you in my arms... well yes, you were having an all out colic moment... screaming at the top of your lungs.... I sat sweating in the car while your mom and dad had a "romantic" dinner.... I, not having any children of my own yet, had no idea what to do.. so I sang to you... dear Lord... is that where you get your beautiful voice.. smile...

And it seems like yesterday as I laid you down to sleep, you wanted me to rub your back... you would nudge me until I rubbed you "some more".....

And yes it seems like yesterday that you and Chyenne pulled a good one on me in the grocery store... pulling the cart over onto you.. screaming to the top of your lungs.. to this day, I'm not sure who it was.. but everyone in the store knew one of you had to be dead... and I surely thought so...

You are my precious niece....

following in my footsteps... smile... becoming a nurse.... I wish you the best....

I love you....

Happy Birthday.... the big 21....

5 little hearts from you...:

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

your website is alive this a.m.

the posts keep changing on me...

i was commenting on "sounds familiar" when someone thinks you are guilty AND IT DISAPPEARED...

Christa's birthday came up and
I refreshed it and it disappeared
to older post

where does that stuff go?
flying around in cyberspace?

i love your heart for people connie
your evident love for your family
reminds me of
Gal. 4: 12 and 19
you capture a heart of love
owe no man anything else
until v. 19 - Christ be formed in them...no higher agenda in life
that's you...

Connie Barris said...

I am so sorry ...LOL...

I did do a switcheroo... I'll repost that tomorrow...

I wanted to give Christa all the glory and honor today on her special day...

I sent you a post....

Denise said...

Christa is blessed to have you for an aunt. Happy Birthday to dear Christa, may she be greatly blessed.

Lynn and Keith said...

my babygirl is now 21. she has brought so much joy into our lives. she can sing to the top of her lungs, i learned that at the ripe age of 6 weeks. you experienced it first hand. she has been a night owl since day one. she has the most bubbly personality.

she is such a momma's girl.

we couldnt decide on what to name her and one day the Lord gave us her name. it means christian or anointed one. I just pray that she will always look to Jesus to direct her path.

thank you aunt connie for honoring our christa today. lets pray for her safety now that she is of legal age.

Ivey's Mom said...

We wished Christa a happy birthday today too. The boys love her - Ivey loves her. Needless to say, we all love her.

She will do just fine as a nurse, a pediatric nurse. She already has more experience than most will get in a lifetime, and she hasn't really started yet.

Christa turning 21 makes me feel very old.