Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, May 11, 2007

I AM




1. Have you ever found yourself 'in faith' yet bewildered or demoralized?

Definitely in my early Christian walk.... Now that I look back... I tried to walk by the law... instead of Grace.... I realized that I lived through my own self reliance and not through God's way. The harder I tried the, well, let's just say it was like spinning your tires in mud.

But God being the Gentleman that He is... Allowed me to go through brokenness of my own and old self.... see the pride and ugly side of human sin so that I could fall into His arms...

There in my bewildered faith, I sought His arms.. and found Him...

What happened? Our church went through a huge split... I was hurt by many "godly" people. As a newly Christian, I was almost turned away from His people.. But someone grabbed me and guided me into a safe place and mentored me into grace. Now I see those "ungodly" people as God's children.... and I love them....


2. Do you consider yourself content? Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content?

I am content in my love but never content to not grow... Sanctification is a growing process that will not be complete until I stand before my Jesus


3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling?

Sometimes, I see my mistakes as my biggest lessons... I don't beat myself up anymore...

I look at it like this... when our children were learning to walk, what did we do, we clapped and praised them... so does our Father in Heaven as we are learning to walk along side of others, in our walk and whatever He has planned for us.


4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by?

If I thought that, I wouldn't live in it.. so I have chosen to live in that I am right where God wants me... Just like my quote says, "If it were not for my Journey, I may never have sought rest in Your arms"


5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now?

My faith has never been stronger... and I can't wait to see what it is like down the road... especially having all my friends that I have met through blogging, church, etc...


Funny thing is, I have been praying for friends... that share the same passion... Never did I dream it would look like this... Isn't God just like that??


6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of "I Was"?

I am a great believer in seasons.... and that is why we have to always be listening to the whispers of His voice..."Be still and know"........Oh Papa, I so love you


7 little hearts from you...:

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Connie-I just posted my answers today and I loved your responses. My favorite being about how we shouldn't be content - and keep growing. As a teacher I try to raise my students "level of concern" so that they are motivated. I think that this may be the way God works - to male is uncontent so that we will work on something in us. Thanks for sharing

Nise' said...

Loved the image of our Father encouraging us and praising us in our walk and there to pick us up when we fall and just want to stay down! Thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

I love your faith, and your honesty. Bless you sweet one.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

"Funny thing is, I have been praying for friends... that share the same passion... Never did I dream it would look like this... Isn't God just like that??"

I so agree with you on this! I just started blogging in February and would have never dreamed I would have such a sweet circle of new friends..Thank you for being one of them!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog

i like the quote you used in question 4

I had been praying for penfriends and then I got into blogging. God is wonderful in the way He works

I like the way you call Him Papa

Miriam Pauline said...

I really enjoyed reading your answers. I appreciate what you say about never being too content to grow. I pray that is true in my life as well. Blessings to you.

Crystal said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the study...I know that I feel the same way about the friends I have made online..
Blessings