Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Shallow Life




"....do all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31)



For someone who has led a pretty turbulent life, I tend to become uneasy when there is a sense of silence in my life. Whether it is spiritual or just life in general. And in that silence I find myself seeking God more than ever, as if looking for my child that has been quiet for too long. It appears as if my life has become too shallow when I am only going through the daily "humdrums" of life.

But it occurred to me that we can't tread the deep waters all the time or we would become worn out spiritually and physically.To be shallow at times is not a sign of weakness---and does not indicate we do not have depth within our souls.

Even the Ocean has a shore....

And it is on that shore, the shallow part of a wide vast of beauty, that I sometimes walk for endless hours, where my Abba speaks His most intimate Words to me.

6 little hearts from you...:

Patty said...

I am not good with silence either and I think God uses those times to draw us closer. It certainly makes us dig deep in His Word.

Loved what you said about treading the deep waters, very profound!

The "shallow" waters can be used as a season of rest. It was there on the shore that Jesus said to his disciples,(after fishing all night) Come, and have breakfast. Those are the sweet times we have with Jesus.

Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
Patty

Denise said...

Your words are always so soothing to my soul, thank you friend.

Sharon Bardwell said...

And perhaps, because our Loving Lord does lead us by example, if we WERE supposed to be in the deep part all of the time, then once He walked on water He would have stayed out there...but He didn't...He came back on shore. He was in and out of the deep water many times. I think, like you said, we need to know how to be on the shore, how to be in the shallow water and how to be in the deep part.

I'm suddenly reminded of Amy Grant's (early days) song Mountaintop that says "And I'd love to live on a mountain top
Fellowshipping with the Lord...I'd love to stand on a mountain top
'Cause I love to feel my spirit soar... But I've got to come down from that mountain top To the people in the valley below...
Or they'll never know that they can go...To the mountain of the Lord"

We have to come in from the deep for the people who are still on the shore.

Susan said...

Beautiful words and so important. We must learn that "being still" and "being silent" are often so necessary for God to work.

Blessings to you.

:-) Susan

Blog is no more said...

Hi! Youv'e been tagged! Come over to my blog for details.

eph2810 said...

I have to admit that I enjoy the quiet and peaceful time, because I know that some storms are still to hit the shore.

Be blessed today and always.