Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You Are Grounded For Life!


"Our fathers disciplined us for a while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in His holiness." (Hebrews 12:10)


Been grounded? I have my T-shirt.... and then some. I lived in the eternal grounded state as a child. I have been grounded from slipping the beans on my plate to the dog to calling my neighbors kid a dork. Yes, I have been there. And I swore I would never do this to MY KIDS.


Not long ago, my son was acting like a lunatic. Before I could think, the words rolled smoothly off my tongue without so much as a pause, "You are grounded for life"! I froze. I couldn't take them back. I had become my parents. Chills ran up and down my spine. What was I to do?


My son stood there stunned. And after a short pause, he asked me, "How long is life?" There we both started giggling. Oh, thank you Father. You pulled me out of another parental mistake.


God is different from our parents and from us as parents. His discipline is gentle and loving. He gives us direction to become more like His Son. The righteousness of taking the mistakes we have made in our worn-out, broken and battered life; thus lifting us up to the Light that we may shine like a beautiful lamp onto His feet. (Psalm 119)


Let us be grounded for life in our precious Lord.


Blessings,

Connie

0 little hearts from you...: